After endless TV appearances, promotional ads and public meet-and-greet promos, "The Biggest Loser" trainers and experts will show off their best as season 14 premieres Jan. 6 at 9 p.m. on NBC. New this year: Kids participate in an effort by NBC to showcase what it takes to battle childhood obesity. Not-so-new-this-year: Jillian Michaels will yell her loudest, Bob Harper will alternate between grinning and growling, and Dolvett Quince will quietly but firmly make it clear that excuses don't work when you're on his team. Here's an overview of the stars:
- Host Alison has battled the bulge herself. Now she walks the thin line between keeping the action moving and, at times, keeping the contestants motivated to tell us how they really feel (weep, whine). She authored "The Mommy Diet."
- Bob has a reputation for taking on the role of best buddy when it comes to weeping women on the show. However, he also can lose his temper, blasting at contestants who don't give it their all. Bob recently authored "The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin."
- Dolvett may seem quiet - but he channels his inner drill sergent when needed. He stars in the fitness DVD "Biggest Loser: At Home Challenge."
- Tough as nails Jillian doesn't mess around when it comes to people who she views as slackers. Her "in your face" style is famed for getting fast results, and she recently encapsulated her diet and fitness program in "Jilian Michaels Body Revolution."
- Nuritionist Cheryl Forberg, R.D., advises the team on what to eat (and what to avoid). She authored "The Biggest Loser: 6 Weeks to a Healthier You: Lose Weight and Get Healthy For Life!"