"Roma and I are thrilled to be working with the Green Family and their rare Bible collection artifacts and to give New Yorkers an opportunity to glimpse [into] the foundation of Western civilization. You have seen the TV series, now see the real thing." – Mark Burnett (Home Media Magazine
The Bible Experience
The Bible Experience is part of a promotion for the successful miniseries which will continue to run on the History Channel on Sundays through Easter. The Bible Experience includes a gallery of biblical artifacts from the Vatican's Green Collection and production photography from the popular miniseries. Artifacts include items such as:
- Three fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls from the books of Daniel, Jonah, and Jeremiah
- The Codex Climaci Rescriptus which represents one of the earliest near-complete Bibles in the world.
- Bodmer Papyrus, the oldest near-complete books of Psalms written in Green (from 3rd century AD)
- Medieval Torah Scroll (14th century)
- Gutenberg Leaf of Isaiah, the first book printed in moveable typeset in the Western world (1454)
In all the collection will exhibit approximately 40,000 biblical pieces. The collection was previously on exhibit in the Vatican and will return there when The Bible Experience concludes in New York. It is part of a bigger collection owned by the Green Family (founders of Hobby Lobby). In 2017 the collection will be on display in a permanent museum scheduled to open in Washington D.C.
“As stewards of these awe-inspiring texts and artifacts, we are thrilled about the opportunity to share them with the creators of The Bible TV series and to celebrate this timely and transformative contribution to our culture's conversation on the book that has changed our world.” -- Steve Green, representing the Green family (Home Media Magazine)
The Bible Experience location
You can take part in “The Bible Experience” at 450 W. 14th St. Hors run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day and admission is free.