December 30, 2013
As we close out 2013, here is my list of the best wines I drank this year!
- Croatian Wine - specifically Plavac Hvar and Plavic Dignac. These Plavac grape varietals from various regions in Croatia's coastal areas, are my top picks for this year, Every day I was in Croatia, I was so excited for the evening wine, especially due to these smooth, dry, and slightly port-like table wines. (reds)
- Diseno Malbec - I love Malbec, and this brand provided a totally fruity and drinkable blend! (red)
- Red Guitar Temperanillo-Garnacha - this is a delicious blend, meant for my heart! It is luscious Temperanillo which smooths out the dry Garnacha, Spanish wine at its best! (red)
- Les Charmes Chardonnay - a smooth blend of unbaked French Chardonnay which will quite your gripes about California Chardonnay. (white)
- La Finca Old Aged Malbec - A smooth and spicy Malbec for any wine lover. This fruity blend was one of my favorite from Wine Riot Boston! (red)
- Gervasi Select Lambrusco Bianco - This is from an Ohio Winery in my hometown! A sparkly, sweet, fruity wine - great for the summer. (white)
- La Stoppa Trebbiolo - A rich, smooth, and fruity Italian barbera and bonardo blend which was a favorite at a recent wine dinner I attended! Yum! (red)
- Collefrisio Montepulciano d' Abruzzo - I definitely explored more Italian wine this year, and was so happy to have found this yummy find at Brio in NYC! Perfect with my favorite pasta there! (red)
- Kaiken Malbec - my love affair with Malbec continues with Kaiken! I had this at the NY Winter Wine Fest this year! Rich and spicy, with a lot of fruit. (red)
- Chandon Extra Brut - A yummy and sweet sparkly wine for any celebration!
And there you have it! Here's wishing you a Happy New Year with lots and lots of new wine in 2014! Cheers!