I love the fall, especially during the Halloween season, and if you’re like me you have already put together or are starting to put together your last minute Halloween activity “to-do” list in-between watching great Horror shows, baking and decorating. And nothing kicks off the season like an over-the-top scare.
So if you're ready to travel to some of the most amazingly scary and spine tingling rides and trails here is a list of a few that have been rated the Best and the Scariest across the U.S. for 2013.
- Headless Horseman’s Hayrides and Haunted Houses in Ulster Park, NY - www.headlesshorseman.com. Creating nightmares for 21 years; Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses is one of the biggest Screamparks in the Nation and a force to be feared. In 2013 guests travel on a one-mile hayride journey witnessing their futures unveiled as a fortune teller reads from a cursed deck of Tarot Cards.
- Haunted Overload at Demeritt Farm in Lee, NH – www.hauntedoverload.com. Haunted Overload started as a home haunt that outgrew the neighborhood! It now resides on a historic farm deep in the dense woods with massive sets and props.
- Creepywoods Haunted Forest in Baltimore, MD – www.creepywoods.com. Creepywoods Haunted Forest in Kingsville, Maryland has established itself as the top rated Haunted Trail in the region. A once peaceful forest now breathes life to evil, unleashing gigantic creatures, a terrifying pack of blood thirsty werewolves, ghostly spirits attacking from above, and even the trees themselves forbid all who enter to escape with their lives.
- Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride in Philadelphia, PA - www.thebatesmotel.com. The Bates Motel attraction offers an iconic Bates Motel haunted house, a massive haunted corn maze, and an action packed haunted hayride at Arasapha Farm that has been scaring its visitors for over 20 years. In fact, the Bates Motel Haunted Hayride was the first in America to offer pyrotechnic FX.
- Spookywoods Haunted Attractions in Greensboro, NC - www.spookywoods.com. www.spookywoods.com: One of America’s biggest and best haunted Scream Park attractions located in High Point, North Carolina offers a dark trek thru haunted woods as well as a haunted tram ride.
- The Dead End Hayride & Haunted Attractions at Pinehaven Farm in Wyoming, MN - www.thedeadendhayride.com. Start your adventure with a bang with the Dead End Hayride that starts at the corners of Pinehaven farm and ends at the gates of the Sunny Vale Asylum.
- Fear Fest Haunted House in Columbia, MO - www.fearfesthauntedhouse.com. At Fear Fest guests take a trailer that leads them to the edge of the woods with the sounds of unknown creatures calling from the darkness. Now you have to decide whether to stay on the trailer and head back to safety or get off and venture down the dimly lit pathway deep in the woods to an area they call The Forgotten.
- Field of Screams in Lancaster, PA - www.fieldofscreams.com. Take a hike through the desolate forest where few survivors remain. This Nocturnal Wasteland provides the most extreme haunted experience as you come face to face with its disturbing inhabitants deep in the middle of the dark woods.
- Jason’s Woods in Lancaster, PA - www.jasonswoods.com. As you try to escape the jungle of twisted, unforgiving metal on their horrifying haunted hayride, you will be hunted by a family of degenerate junkyard scavengers who seek out parts, any parts, to eke out survival in the unhallowed forest of Jason's Woods.
- Witch’s Woods Haunted Hayride - Nashoba Valley Ski Area, Westford, MA – www.witchswoods.com/the-woods/ .com. The woods at Nashoba Valley Ski Area have been taken over by the souls of the dead. As the wagon pulls into the woods, you might see a witch, hear werewolves howling at the moon, or see Spirits of dead lumberjacks haunt the woods.