When compared to the benefits, there are very few side effects associated with Garcinia Cambogia Extract. This small fruit resembles a small pumpkin. It is grown mainly in India but is also found in Southeastern Asia. This extract is made primarily from the cambogia fruit and the rind and it contains hydroxycitric acid. This ingredient is popular in many products that are used to lose weight. Let us take a moment to review some of the health benefits and side effects of this weight loss phenomenon.
- Weight Loss – The most common use of this supplement is weight loss. It is an effective appetite suppressant and provides increased metabolism. This increase in metabolism allows the body to burn fat quicker, resulting in faster weight loss. It also reduces cravings for foods that are high in carbohydrates by reducing the amount of serotonin that the brain produces, making it one of nature’s best weight loss aids.
- Increases Levels of Energy – The use of this product works to improve overall energy levels. The reason it works is that the calories that you consume when you are taking this extract are converted into glycogen, the body’s prime source for energy. If you are on a low carb, weight loss diet, you will not experience the lightheadedness or feel weak like you can with other such programs. You will remain energized and motivated to stick to your diet plan. This increased level of energy will also help you to maintain your ideal weight once you have reached your goals.
- Makes the Immune System Stronger – Along with being a supplement for weight loss and a supplement that helps increase energy, this supplement possesses anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties enhance the immune systems effectiveness against several different diseases including bowel problems, the common cold, intestinal worms, and more.
This supplement has very few side effects. Those who have taken it and have experienced side effects have only complained about minor side effects such as:
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions are rare but possible
Other than these minor side effects, people with certain health conditions should not take this supplement. Those with the following health conditions should avoid its use:
- Children because there is not enough evidence to know how this supplement will affect children
- Pregnant and breast feeding women since enough is not yet known about how it will impact infants and unborn children
- Those patients suffering with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
- If you take statins to lower your cholesterol, you should not take this supplement. Doing so can result in muscle degeneration and a disease called rhabdomyolysis.
This supplement is available in capsule form and is commonly found in other types of weight loss supplements. Although it features a number of benefits, do not take the side effects lightly. At this time it is unknown if this supplement reacts to other supplements or medications. If you are on any medications, consult with either your physician or an herbalist before using this extract.