The 2012 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers Texas Report, compiled by the National Association of Realtors®, simply states most Texas home buyers are purchasing houses because they want a home of their own. If you are considering buying a new home or listing your existing residence, the following data may be of interest to you:
- 88 percent of buyers purchased their homes utilizing the services of a real estate agent. 91percent of buyers would use the same agent again for a future transaction.
- 69 percent of home buyers were married couples in Texas.
- 35 percent of home purchasers were first time buyers
- 26 percent purchased new home construction instead of existing resale homes
- 90 percent of Texas buyers utilized the internet during the home search process
- The average Texas buyer searched for a new home for 8 weeks and viewed 10 homes
- 90 percent of Texas home buyers financed their new homes
- Texas sellers have a median tenure of nine years in residence before selling their homes.
- 51 percent of Texas sellers offered incentives to attract buyers
- 84 percent of Texas sellers would recommend or utilize the services of the same real estate agent again.
The economy and real estate market require progressive and constant change. Understanding who your buyer is will assist sellers and real estate agents to focus on the specific goals.