Your Beatles calendar for the week:
Paul McCartney's “NEW” album finally hits the streets on Tuesday after weeks of hype and promotion. We reviewed it and Beatle radio stations Fab4Radio.com and Beatles-a-Rama are playing it. British pubs will be giving the album a special preview today. For all the news on the album, see our "NEW" story timeline.
- Oct. 13: British pub preview
- Oct. 13 -15: Clear Channel billboard campaign
- Oct. 14: The iHeartRadio Album Release Party with Paul McCartney: A Q&A and Performance
- Oct. 16: Paul McCartney appears on "6 Music Live at Maida Vale" on the BBC.
Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
- “Good Ol' Freda” is now playing in selected theaters and on the following video on demand services: iTunes, Amazon Prime, DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T Uverse, Google Play, VUDU, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Playstation 3 Store, Sudden Link, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS and Xbox 360/Zune. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com.
Beatles sites in Los Angeles by A Magical History Tour. Website: www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Oct. 15: Cambridge, Ohio. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Oct. 18: Pocatello, ID. Oct. 19: Boise, ID. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Oct. 23: Bloomington, Ill. Oct. 26: Rosemon, IL. Nov. 1: Shreveport, LA. Nov. 3: Birmingham, AL. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 24: Bakersfield, CA. Oct. 26: Santa Monica, CA. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Oct. 13: Las Vegas. Oct. 19: Glenside, PA. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Dec. 29, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: Oct. 15: Norwich, UK. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: Oct. 13: Touchdown City. Nov. 1: Bellevue, Wash. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatmeet, Oct. 27, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Dublin Beatles Festival, Nov. 7-10, Dublin, Ireland.
- British Invasion 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
Oct. 18, 1957: Paul McCartney debuts with the Quarrymen.
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- 10/12/1963: The Beatles' “She Loves You” drops to #3 on the Official British Charts. Lennon-McCartney's “Bad to Me” by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas at #21.
Last week's big Beatles stories:
- Five tracks from Paul McCartney's unreleased 'New' album reported leaked
- John Lennon Walk of Fame star defaced just days before his birthday (Video)
- Update: Damage to Lennon's Hollywood star will be fixed in time for birthday
- McCartney 'New' news: Second single, 'Queenie Eye,' sent to radio
- Happy ending: John Lennon's star ready to go for birthday after graffiti removed (Photos)
- Julian Lennon spices up 'Everything Changes' with new songs, Steven Tyler, pt. 1 (Video)
- Rare fully signed U.S. Beatles 'White Album' to be auctioned
- Brian Epstein Beatles project gets endorsement from gay marriage activist group
- Beatle news briefs: Lennon birthday celebrated in Iceland, L.A.; tribute lineup (Photos)
- McCartney 'New' news: McCartney vs. Howard Stern Tuesday; listening event report
- Beatle news briefs: Eleanor Rigby's real life; Beatles venue revisited (Photos)
- Howard Stern McCartney interview a lovefest; while Fallon plays it cool (Video)
- McCartney 'New' news: Free Times Square show!; private show for Sinatra students (Video)
- Move over, busker: McCartney surprises New York with free show in Times Square (Video)
- Paul McCartney's surprise show in Times Square wasn't a total shock to everyone (Video)
- Clear Channel to launch McCartney 'New' with radio special, billboard campaign
- Paul McCartney's 'NEW' – a track-by-track review
- Another new version of Paul McCartney's 'New' you'll need to buy (Video)
- Paul McCartney says he's planning to tour Europe in 2014
“Every Little Thing”: Wednesday: The next ELT will be (what a shock) a 2-Hour special on Paul McCartney celebrating the new album "New"-- all Paul-Beatles,solo, and "New" album. Wednesday, 8-10pm (est) on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT which you can stream at www.wnhu.net. More at www.kenmichaelsradio.com
“Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com on Monday, is reviewing Paul McCartney's recent appearances with Howard Stern and Jimmy Fallon. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
“Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “Goodnight Vienna: Analysis and Review.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
“Beatle Brunch”: Oct. 13: Paul McCartney's “NEW.” Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.'
“The John Lennon Hour”: We're proud to annouce we'll be this week's guest on the show. Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
"Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages...
“Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Recent episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
“Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Oct. 13: Tony Bramwell, plus advance tracks from the new “On Air: Live at the BBC, Volume 2.” Show website.
“Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
“Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Oct. 13: Author Larry Kane. On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
“The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: James Lowe of The Electric Prunes, who had a hit with “I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night” in early 1967, will be a guest on October 18th. Lowe is a founder of the group and sang lead vocals. The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
“I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Bob and the Beatles.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
“Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
“Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
“On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
"Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
"Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
“Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
“The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
“Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
"Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
“Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
“Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
“Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you'd like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.