Your Beatles calendar for the week:
- Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
- Lehigh Valley Beatles Showcase III, 3 to 7 p.m. Oct. 20, Musikfest Cafe, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA.
- Paul McCartney interview, 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT Oct. 20, Sirius/XM, repeated 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT Oct. 22. More info here.
“Good Ol' Freda” is now playing in selected theaters and on the following video on demand services: iTunes, Amazon, DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T Uverse, Google Play, VUDU, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Playstation 3 Store, Sudden Link, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS and Xbox 360/Zune. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com. (It will be out on DVD and Blu-ray in December.)
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://www.fab4nyctours.wordpress.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax's A Magical History Tour. Website: www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Oct. 25: Green Bay, WI. Oct. 26: Milwaukee, WI. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Oct. 25: Paradise, N.Y. Oct. 26: Albany, N.Y. Oct. 27: Ridgefield, CT. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Oct. 23: Bloomington, Ill. Oct. 26: Rosemont, IL. Nov. 1: Shreveport, LA. Nov. 3: Birmingham, AL. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 24: Bakersfield, CA. Oct. 26: Santa Monica, CA. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Oct. 26: New York City. Nov. 9: Chicago. Nov. 23: New Brunswick, N.J. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Dec. 29, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: Dec. 4 through 21: UK dates. Jan. 16-17: The Philippines. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: Nov. 1: Bellevue, Wash. Nov. 22: Issaquah, WA. Dec. 7: Seattle, WA. Dec. 20: Issaquah, WA. Jan. 25: Sixth Annual Seattle Beatles Rooftop Day. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatmeet, Oct. 27, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Dublin Beatles Festival, Nov. 7-10, Dublin, Ireland.
- British Invasion 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
Oct. 25, 1974: John Lennon sues the U.S. government for tapping his phone while fighting a deportation order.
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
The week of 10/19/1963: The Beatles' “She Loves You” still at #3 on the Official British Charts. Lennon-McCartney's “Hello Little Girl” by the Fourmost at #11. “Bad to Me” by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas at #24.
Last week's big Beatles stories:
- Price continues to rise on Lennon-McCartney church hall floor piece auction
- Paul McCartney talks about album, the Beatles in new Sirius/XM interview Sunday
- Paul McCartney defends Beatles history with song, sends warning to 'robbers' (Video)
- Paul McCartney plays busker for surprised fans in London's Covent Gardens (Photos)
- Beatles film 'Good Ol' Freda' debuts in UK this weekend
- McCartney slams eBay 'bounty hunters'
- Vintage Beatles venue closes and could be demolished unless buyer saves it
- Beatle news briefs: Two plays go on the road; Lewisohn at London Beatles Day
- Billboard predicts big chart debut for McCartney's 'New'
- When you wish upon a star: Liverpool singer gets acknowledged by a Beatle
- Auction for floor piece from Lennon-McCartney meeting site heats up
- Paul McCartney's 'New' album: opening the exclusive versions; Living Room Tour (Video)
- Julian Lennon spices up “Everything Changes” with new songs, Steven Tyler, pt. 2
- It's out: Paul McCartney fans, critics rave about 'New' on release day
- McCartney 'NEW' news: CD signing; light cube update; online show; more songs? (Video)
- U.S. senator channels Paul McCartney music for solution to government shutdown
- Floor section from room where Lennon and McCartney met can be yours to own (Photos)
- McCartney 'NEW' news: Early sales; hear the Japanese-only track 'Struggle'
- Elton John says the John Lennon he knew was 'gentle, gorgeous
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com on Monday, is a review of Paul McCartney's “NEW” album. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: Wednesday: The next live broadcast of ELT will include music from Paul McCartney's "New" album, plus a set of Beatles/solo music that feature...WHISTLING!!! The show airs this Wednesday, Oct. 23 on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT. and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “'Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1': Analysis and Review.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Oct. 20: Beatles events in October. Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.'
- “The John Lennon Hour”: Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- "Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages...
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Oct. 20: May Pang, advance tracks from “On Air: Live at the BBC, Volume 2,” and Paul McCartney's “NEW.” Show website.
- “Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Oct. 20: Laurence Juber. On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Bob and the Beatles.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- "Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- "Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- "Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you'd like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.