Beatles on tour:
- Paul McCartney Out There! Tour: The tour resumes Sept. 28 in San Diego. (Tickets for U.S. shows available here and here. )
Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band tour: Resumes Oct. 2 in Tulsa, Okla. Tickets are available here.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Aug. 17, 2014, Chicago. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Magical History Tour toLiverpool and London Aug. 17-24, 2014. Information: http://www.liverpooltours.com/.
- "A Hard Day's Night", remastered, is now back on DVD. I
- “Good Ol' Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix and elsewhere. Screening information at the film website at http://www.goodolfreda.com.
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://www.fab4nyctours.wordpress.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax's A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3589362-10881223
- 1964: The Tribute: Aug. 22: Morrison, Colorado. Aug. 23: Mattoon, Illinois. Aug. 29: Westbury, New York. Aug. 30: Atlantic City, New Jersey. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Aug. 23: Webster, Massachusetts. Aug. 25: Salem, Oregon. Aug. 29: Saratoga, California. Aug. 30: San Juan Capistrano, California. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: Jan. 21: Tacoma, Washington. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Aug. 15-17: Fest for Beatles Fans, Chicago. Aug. 21, 28, Sept. 4, 11, 18, Oct. 2: Sherman Oaks, California. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- Britain's Finest: Aug. 27: Costa Mesa, California. Info: http://www.beatlestributeband.net.
- Creme Tangerine: Aug. 21: Seattle, Washington. Aug. 23: Port Angeles, Washington. Aug. 27: Everett, Washington. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- The Fab Faux: Aug. 23: Liverpool, UK. Oct. 18: New York City. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): Aug. 20: Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Aug. 30: Evansville, Indiana. http://liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info: http://www.foureverfabshow.com/tickets.htm
- Bootleg Beatles: August and September: Shows in UK, Europe. October: Russia. November, December: UK, Europe. January: Denmark. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
Beatles Japanese box set (http://amzn.to/1lZ4Klc), from Amazon.com.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Aug. 15-17, 2014, Chicago. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Magical History Tour toLiverpool and London Aug. 17-24, 2014. Information: http://www.liverpooltours.com/.
- Bestfest: Aug. 23, Casbah Club, Liverpool. Info: www.petebest.com.
- Beatles mono vinyl box, Sept. 9. http://amzn.to/1p2ukqD
- The Hawaii Pops Orchestra will present, "Top To Bottom: Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road" in its Nightclub series with music, food, drink and dancing at the Sheraton Waikiki Ballroom on On Sept. 27. Details/tickets available at: hawaiipops.com/concerts
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Oct. 10-12, 2014, Airport Marriott, Los Angeles. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Beatles vinyl box 9/9/14 http://amzn.to/1p0ZShs
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- Aug. 17, 1960: The Beatles arrive in Hamburg.
- Aug. 18, 1962: Ringo Starr joins the Beatles after firing of Pete Best. They perform that night at Hulme Hall in Birkenhead.
- Aug. 19, 1962: At the Cavern, fans show their displeasure at the new Beatle. George comes away with a black eye.
- Aug. 19, 1964: The Beatles start a U.S. tour at the Cow Palace in Daly City, California.
Beatles chart news:
- In the Aug. 23 Billboard: Beatles “1” is #194 on the Billboard 200 and #49 on the Catalog Album chart. “Abbey Road” is #14 on the Vinyl Albums chart.
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- Singles: On the chart of 8-15-64: Beatles' “A Hard Day's Night” #2. Billy J. Kramer's “From a Window” is at #12.
- Albums: “A Hard Day's Night” #1. “With the Beatles” #6. “Please Please Me” #16.
50 years ago on the American charts:
- Singles from 8-15-64: “A Hard Day's Night” #3. “Ain't She Sweet” #22. Peter and Gordon's “Nobody I Know” #25. “And I Love Her” #27. “I'll Cry Instead” #34. “I'll Keep You Satisfied” by Billy J. Kramer #35. “I Should Have Known Better” #53. “Ringo's Theme (This Boy)” #65. “If I Fell” #72.
- LPs: “A Hard Day's Night” #1. “Something New” #6. “The Beatles Second Album” #11. The Beatles Songbook” by the Hollyridge Strings #17. Peter and Gordon's “A World Without Love” #26. “The Beatles' American Tour With Ed Rudy” #29. “Meet the Beatles” #43. “Introducing the Beatles” #48. Billy J. Kramer's “Little Children” LP #53.
Last week's best Beatles stories:
- Macca on tour: Paul McCartney closes Candlestick Park: the full report, part 2
- Company to follow release of Beatles Star Club tapes with four new CDs
- Macca on tour: Paul McCartney closes Candlestick Park: the full report, part 1
- Boston museum to celebrate 50th anniversary of Beatles' visit with exhibit
- John Lennon, Ringo Starr 'ICON' CD track lists to feature mostly greatest hits
- Paul McCartney fans say 'I do' at Phoenix concert with Beatle presiding
- Beatles news: Jimmy Page may be guitarist on 'Train Music'; Wings mini-reunion
- Gary Wright autobiography to recall friendship, songwriting with George Harrison
- Paul McCartney brings back memories of 1966 to Dodger Stadium show
- Fan tells story of how he got Paul McCartney to sign album at concert
- Beatles news: McCartney on writing video game score; Harrison box set online
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. On the latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com, we discuss the upcoming McCartney reissues and Paul's upcoming Candlestick Park concert. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: The show airs Wednesday 8-10pm (est) on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “The Beatles at Shea Stadium” with Dave Schwensen.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Website: http://www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- "Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages...
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Looking back 50 years ago to the start of The Beatles’ first full North American tour. Guest will be Ivor Davis, author of “The Beatles and Me On Tour,” Show website: http://www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- "Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner": Aug. 17: A rare live Beatles performance that Andre told us "I'm pretty sure has never been aired on U.S. radio before." Also, obscure Paul B-side from the 90s and the original guitar solo from "Can't Buy Me Love" that was never used. Airs from 7-9 a.m. on WMGK/Philadelphia (102.9) and KSLX/Phoenix FM (100.7)
- “Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Aug. 24: Live at the Hollywood Bowl with speical guest Bob Eubanks, who booked the Beatles' two appearances there. On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Paul Is Live in Kansas City.'” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. You can listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “ The Beatles Show with Casey Piotrowski” airs every Sunday on radio stations throughout the country.
- "Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- "Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- "Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna's Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Annabeatlehouronradiownet?fref=ts.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://beatlesandbeyond.homestead.com/contact.html .
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.