Continues this week: San Diego County Fair, “Fab Fair,”Through July 6 celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Beatles in the U.S. Performances by The Fab Four June 26 and Britain's Finest July 6. http://www.sdfair.com
Your Beatles calendar for the week:
- Paul McCartney Out There! Tour: The tour is scheduled to resume July 5 in Albany, N.Y. (Tickets for U.S. shows available here and here.)
- Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band tour: June 22, Durham, N.C.; June 24, Lewiston, N.Y.; June 25, Verona, N.Y.; June 27, Clarkston, Miss.; June 28, Chicago; June 29, Cleveland, Ohio. Tickets are available here.
- “Good Ol' Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix. Screening information at the film website at http://www.goodolfreda.com.
- "A Hard Day's Night", remastered, coming on DVD June 24.
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://www.fab4nyctours.wordpress.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax's A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3589362-10881223
- 1964: The Tribute: June 28: San Juan, Puerto Rico. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: June 26: San Diego County Fair. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: June 22: Bethlehem, PA. Aug. 1: West Allis, Wisc. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: July 12: Culver City, CA. July 14: Grammy Museum, Los Angeles. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- Britain's Finest: June 26: El Paso, TX. July 6: Del Mar, CA. July 18: Orange, CA. July 25: Oklahama City, OK. Info: http://www.beatlestributeband.net.
- Creme Tangerine: July 19: Olympia, WA. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- The Fab Faux: June 28: Port Chester, N.Y. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): Through June 28 and July 1-2: Branson, MO. July 4: Pasadena, CA. July 8-31: Branson, MO. http://liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info: http://www.foureverfabshow.com/tickets.htm
- Bootleg Beatles: June: Shows in the U.K., Australia, Thailand, Ireland. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatles Japanese box set (http://amzn.to/1hYa4P7), June 25.
- The Best of the Beatles Symposium, June 26-27, Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool. Info: http://www.beatlesstory.com/business-beatles-symposium
- Beatles Tribute Festival: July 4 – 5, 2014 at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts in Canada. Event website.
- 50th anniversary screening of “A Hard Day's Night” with Pattie Boyd, July 6, Catalina Island Museum, CA. Info: http://tinyurl.com/knypowv.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Aug. 15-17, 2014, Chicago. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Magical History Tour toLiverpool and London Aug. 17-24, 2014. Information: http://www.liverpooltours.com/.
- Bestfest: Aug. 23, Casbah Club, Liverpool. Info: www.petebest.com.
- Beatles mono vinyl box, Sept. 9. http://amzn.to/1p2ukqD
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Oct. 10-12, 2014, Airport Marriott, Los Angeles. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- June 25, 1966: #1 song: “Paperback Writer.”
- June 25, 1967: Beatles perform “All You Need Is Love” on worldwide satellite TV broadcast.
Beatles chart news:
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- Singles: On the chart of 6-20-64: Beatles' “Ain't She Sweet” debuts at #29.
- Albums: “With the Beatles” #3. “Please Please Me” #12.
50 years ago on the American charts:
- LPs: “The Beatles Second Album” #4. “Meet the Beatles!” #9. “Introducing the Beatles” #14. “The Beatles' American Tour With Ed Rudy” #38. “The Beatles Songbook” by the Hollyridge Strings debuts at #138. Billy J. Kramer's “Little Children” LP debuts at #149.
- Singles from 6-20-64: Peter & Gordon's “A World Without Love” #2. “Love Me Do” #7. “Bad To Me” #16. “P.S. I Love You” #22. Bobby Rydell's “A World Without Love” #82. EP, “Four By the Beatles” #97. Bubbling Under: “Sie Liebt Dich” by Der Beatles #101.
50 years ago in Billboard: Full page ad announces Peter and Gordon's first U.S. tour.
Last week's best Beatles stories:
- Ringo Starr on the road, part 3: All-Starr Band swings at Count Basie gala
- Beatles news: Paul McCartney on the town; Pete Best not touring U.S.
- Ringo on the road, part 1: All-Starr Band lights up crowd at Oakdale Theater
- Ringo Starr on the road, part 2: Special guests highlight Beacon Theater show
- Charity offers chance to meet Paul McCartney at historic Candlestick Park show
- Beatles news: Lennon marketing pact; new Paul bio; Casey Kasem Beatles song
- They say it's his birthday: Paul McCartney turning 72
- Beatles news: 'Mono Masters' track list, new Bayonets single; San Diego Fab Fair
- Beatles get back to mono vinyl with deluxe box set coming in September
- The Beatles week ahead: Ringo Starr and the All-Stars tour the East Coast
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. On the newest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com, we discuss the Beatles mono box release news and do a little tribute to Paul McCartney's birthday. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: Wednesday: Summertime Beatles and solo hits. The show airs this Wednesday 8-10pm (est) on WNHU, West Haven, CT and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net, More info at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: Beatles author Richard Buskin (“Beatles 101: The Need to Know Guide”). Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Salute to Paul McCartney. Website: http://www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- "Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages...
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Mark Rivera, musical director for Ringo's All-Starr Band. Show website: http://www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: June 22: Beatles author Dave Morell, a special Beatles surprise during the final hour. On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Mother Nature's Dunce: The Career Mistakes of Paul McCartney.'” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. You can listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- "Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- "Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- "Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna's Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Annabeatlehouronradiownet?fref=ts.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://beatlesandbeyond.homestead.com/contact.html .
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you'd like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.