Your Beatles calendar for the week:
Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
- “Good Ol' Freda” is now playing in selected theaters and on the following video on demand services: iTunes, Amazon Prime, DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T Uverse, Google Play, VUDU, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Playstation 3 Store, Sudden Link, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS and Xbox 360/Zune. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com.
Beatles sites in Los Angeles by A Magical History Tour. Website: www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Sept. 21: Longview, Texas. Sept. 28: Monroe, MI. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Sept. 28: Anaheim, CA. Oct. 4: Salina, KS. Oct. 5: Kansas City, MO. Oct. 12: Houston, TX. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Oct. 23: Bloomington, Ill. Oct. 26: Rosemon, IL. Nov. 1: Shreveport, LA. Nov. 3: Birmingham, AL. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 3: Grand Rapids, MI. Oct. 4: Lafayette, IN. Oct. 5: Chicago, IL. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Sept. 21: Bermuda. Oct. 4-5: San Francisco. Oct. 12-13: Los Angeles. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Dec. 29, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: Oct. 15: Norwich, UK. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: Nov. 1: Bellevue, Wash. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King's, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatlesday, Oct. 12, Mons, Belgium.
- Beatmeet, Oct. 27, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Dublin Beatles Festival, Nov. 7-10, Dublin, Ireland.
- British Invasion 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
Sept. 26, 1969: The Beatles' “Abbey Road” album issued in the UK.
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- 9/21/1963: The Beatles' “She Loves You” was #1 on the Official British Charts. Also in the Top 5 that week: “Bad To Me” by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas was #3 and “I'm Tellin' You Now” by Freddie and the Dreamers was #5.
Last week's big Beatles stories:
- Paul McCartney premieres three 'New' songs at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Peter Asher brings memories of Beatles, the '60s and Linda Ronstadt to new shows (Photos)
- McCartney's 'New' news: McCartney in MOJO; chart debuts; live on the BBC
- Musician who played on early gigs with Beatles said he knew they would be big
- Author takes Beatles fans on her magical mystery trips in new book
- Rutlemania: Beatles parody 'The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash' coming to Blu-ray
- Interview: Bloomingdale's premieres new Beatles items as part of UK celebration (Photos)
- IHeartRadio announces Vegas music fest with Paul McCartney to be aired, streamed
- George Harrison's son remakes Beatles' 'For You Blue' for charity
- McCartney 'New' news: New video, Billboard weighs in
- Beatles label's Jackie Lomax's family releases statement about his death
- Apple recording artist Jackie Lomax has died at age 69 (Photos)
- McCartney 'New' news: Taking it to the streets; Best Buy, Walmart exclusives
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com on Monday, is an exclusive interview with Peter Asher. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: Wednesday: Solo Beatles performing Beatles songs. The show airs Wednesday on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT, and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com..
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “A chat with Freda Kelly.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Sept 22: Pete Best, the Paul Is Dead hoax. Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.'
- “The John Lennon Hour”: Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- "Magical Mystery Tour": Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Recent episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve Marinucci (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Sept. 21-22: Beatles memorabilia in Las Vegas; newsman Larry Kane. Show website.
- “Chris Carter's 'British Invasion': Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Chris Carter's Breakfast With the Beatles”: Sept. 22: “No Paul till he calls.” On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: Sept. 27: Edd celebrates a landmark birthday. The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I've Got a Beatles Podcast”: “John's Collaborations.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Breakfast With the Beatles": 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- Now and Then": An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station's frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the '60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- "Sounds of the Sixties": Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the '60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- "Beatlesongs": Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- "Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen": More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
Have a Beatles event you'd like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won't want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and Pinterest. And don't miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.