Show me a ¼-acre backyard, and I'll show you a ton of vegetables. Literally.
As in 2,000 pounds!
And that's just the beginning! It has never been so EASY to get the most from your garden.
Even if you live in an apartment, you can start growing at least some of the food you eat and reap extraordinary benefits with every harvest — save money ... boost health ... savor irresistibly fresh flavors ... conserve energy ... and have loads of fun!
Grow the vegetables and fruits your family loves; keep bees, raise chickens, goats, or even a cow! The Backyard Homestead shows you how it's done. And when the harvest is in, you'll learn how to cook, preserve, cure, brew, or pickle the fruits of your labor.
Rotate Right and Rejoice! Crop rotation is a great way to get more variety and bounty out of even the smallest gardens, while keeping in more soil nutrients. But successful rotation means planting the right crops in the right order — and making sure you don't follow certain plants with their "arch enemies." For a fail-proof rotation planting plan.
In today's economic climate, it only makes sense to grow some of your own food. And, now The Backyard Homestead shows you the easiest, most convenient, productive ways to grow a little, a lot, or even ALL the food you and your family eat each day!
Add a few chickens to that same ¼ acre, and in one year you'll have 1,400 eggs. A couple of beehives? 100 pounds of honey!
And I'm still just getting started!
With THE BACKYARD HOMESTEAD at your side, you can unlock the potential of your little corner of the world — with bounty you simply never imagined could be possible.
• TRIPLE your yield with this one simple change. Page 24
• No yard? No problem! 13 container-loving plants. Page 28
• Water this way, and you'll actually get sweeter strawberries! Page 45
• Why you should never soak bean seeds before planting. Page 55
• How to tell if a tomato plant is hungry. Page 78
• Why your fruit tree needs a mate. (And what to do if it's a bachelor.) Page 109
• Complete herb-growing guide from basil to watercress. Page 15
• How to tell if an egg is fresh. Page 230
• Enjoy fresh homemade mozzarella — in 30 minutes! Page 308
• Plant a "pancake patch." Page 179 (And make your own maple syrup! Page 336)
• Beekeeping the easy way. Page 326
Check out THE BACKYARD HOMESTEAD free for 21 days.