The third episode of the 17th season of "The Bachelor," with bachelor Sean Lowe will air on ABC Television Network on Monday, Jan. 21, 2013 (8-10 p.m. ET). The episode will include a performance by the Eli Young Band. "The Bachelor" is hosted by Chris Harrison.
The episode starts with 16 bachelorettes and by the end of the episode the field is whittled down to 13 women, according to press information from ABC Television Network.
In the previews of the season there have been scenes of a woman on the stairs. This is the episode which will tell the story. One of the bachelorettes will take a tumble on the stairs at the mansion, but the other bachelorettes become suspicious almost immediately, when she refuses medical help. Is the fall a ploy to get Sean's attention?
Last week the one-on-one date was with Sarah, the one armed account executive from Los Angeles. This week the one-on-one date will be with Lesley M., who is stunned when Sean tells her that their date could go down in the Guinness World Records for the longest on-screen kiss. The current record is 3 minutes and 15 seconds. Can they beat the record? It sounds like a lot of pressure for a first date.
The group date is a volleyball game on the beach that starts out as sexy fun in the sun, before Chris Harrison reveals that they will divide up in teams and compete. The winning team will get to spend the evening with Sean. One of the women tries to sabotage Sean's relationship with two other bachelorettes and Sean sees a different side of her.
The next day is an individual date for AshLee, but as she is waiting, another woman falls on the steps. Whether it is a ploy or an accident, the fall cuts AshLee's date short and she is fuming. When Sean and AshLee get to Six Flags Magic Mountain, she learns that they are being joined by two young women who suffer from a chronic illness, Emily and Brianna from the Starlight Foundation's World program. They have a day of fun in the park and the date ends with a private concert by the Eli Young Band.
According to ABC, the show ends with the cocktail party and rose ceremony. There are the usual manipulations as the women vie for Sean's attention and Sean will provide some major fireworks. In the end, 13 women are left to continue the competition for Sean's heart.
The 16 women are:
- Amanda, 26, a fit model from Newport Beach, Calif..
- AshLee, 32, a personal organizer from Houston, Tex..
- Catherine, 26, a graphic designer from Seattle, Wash..
- Daniella, 24, a commercial casting associate from San Francisco, Calif.;
- Desiree, 26, a bridal stylist from Los Angeles, Calif..
- Jackie, 25, a cosmetics consultant from Boynton Beach, Fla..
- Kacie B., 25, an administrative assistant from Clarksville, Tenn..
- Kristy, 25, a model from, Darien, Wis..
- Lesley M., 25, a political consultant from Washington, DC.
- Leslie H., 29, a poker dealer from Los Angeles, Calif..
- Lindsay, 24, a substitute teacher from Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Robyn, 24, an oil field account manager from Houston, Tex..
- Sarah, 26, an advertising executive from Los Angeles, Calif..
- Selma, 29, a real estate developer from San Diego, Calif..
- Taryn, 30, a heath club manager from Troutdale, Ore..
- Tierra, 24, a leasing consultant from Denver, Colo..
Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.