Skip to main content
Report this ad

The amazing healings benefits of acupuncture, an interview with Dr. Farolyn McSweeney OMD,LAc

Acupuncture treatments increase peace of mind
Acupuncture treatments increase peace of mind
Hans Hollander

Want to feel amazingly relaxed, renewed, rejuvenated, and pain free? The ancient science of acupuncture is a proven and painless method of healing, that in-depth medical research has shown truly can significantly decrease pain and inflammation, and even anxiety and stress.  Peace and rejuvenation is just minutes away, and conveniently located in Henderson, Nevada, in the beautiful spa-like setting of the office of Dr. Farolyn McSweeney, OMD LAc.
In this interview with Farolyn McSweeney, she explains the many healing benefits of receiving an acupuncture treatment.

(Q) What are the benefits of acupuncture?

The benefits of acupuncture, one of the components of Traditional Chinese Medicine, are many. Basically, acupuncture is a natural approach to good health while it promotes natural healing by alleviating pain and suffering. From a biomedical perspective, acupuncture increases circulation, reduces inflammation and stimulates the production of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.

(Q) What ailments do you treat?

The majority of my practice, roughly 95%, focuses on pain management and stress. Common types of pain I treat are joint pain, muscle tightness/knots, migraines, headaches, facial pain and menstrual pain. Acupuncture has been successful with anxiety, allergies, stress and PMS. The remaining 5% of my practice includes smoking cessation and acupuncture facial renewal.

(Q) How did you become interested in being a practitioner?

I noticed the benefits of acupuncture after my first treatment twenty years ago. After receiving my undergraduate degree I enrolled in acupuncture school in 1998. I’m doing something I love and helping people at the same time.

(Q) Can it be used for facial rejuvenation?

Acupuncture facial renewal, or cosmetic acupuncture, is helpful to reduce the signs of aging. It requires a series of treatments, usually ten treatments. The benefits of acupuncture facial renewal include:

1) improved collagen production and muscle tone
2) tightens pores
3) increases local blood and lymph circulation
4) helps reduce bags and sagging tendencies
5) helps eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
6) reduces stress and promotes total health and well-being

(Q) How does one prepare for a session and what should one expect from their session with you?

I suggest patients wear loose fitting clothing, drink water and have a light snack prior to an appointment. I also request patients bring in copies of their medical reports, like an MRI report, specific to their condition.

(Q) What should one expect from their session with you?

A new patient is informed they should allow 1 ½ hours for the first visit, which consists of three parts: filling out paper work, a consultation with me followed by an acupuncture treatment. The needles are retained approximately 20 to 30 minutes. With each pain management treatment, a patient should receive a reduction in their pain intensity and/or pain frequency. Some patients may experience a relaxed and euphoric feeling.

(Q) Any specials or package deals you are currently offering to new clients?

We are not offering any specials or package deals but we have reduced our initial fees due to the present economic condition.

(Q) Anything you would like to add or mention?

A supporting principle of acupuncture theory is based on the concept of Qi, an untranslatable word in Chinese medical lexicon. Qi, pronounced ‘chee’, is synonymous with our concept of vital strength or energy. Acupuncture points are locations on the body where the body’s Qi and blood converge. Due to trauma, long-term illnesses and the natural aging process, Qi declines and stagnates causing blockage which may lead to pain and discomfort. Acupuncture treatments help to move Qi.

Bio: Farolyn McSweeney,OMD, LAc, first moved to Henderson in 1992 after completing her undergraduate degree in North Carolina. She received her advanced degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, California, where the majority of her professors were from mainland China. She began practicing in 2001 and maintains acupuncture licenses in California and Nevada. Additionally, she is certified in two types of acupuncture facial renewal systems.

Her office location and website:

Farolyn McSweeney,OMD, LAc
8975 S. Pecos Road, Suite 8C
Henderson, Nevada 89074


Report this ad