The host has been booked and the finalists have been announced... the 6th Annual Shorty Awards are nearly here! The Shorty Awards honor the best brands, celebrities, companies, and accounts in social media across Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other online channels. Millions of people tweeted their nominations in categories such as "Instagram Video of the Year," "Kickstarter of the Year," and "Best Mobile Campaign," and the finalists were revealed last month. The Shortys recently announced this year's host: Actress and comedian Natasha Leggero. She is a frequent guest on E!'s "Chelsea Lately," and has performed on "The Tonight Show," "Last Call with Carson Daly," and several Comedy Central programs.
2014 Shorty Award finalists include:
- Patton Oswalt- Nominated "Best Comedian in Social Media"
- Selena Gomez- Nominated for "Best Use of Social Media for Fashion"
- Oxfam International- Nominated "Social Media's Best Charity"
- Charmin's #TweetFromTheSeat- Nominated "Best Twitter Hashtag," and
- CNN's "Blackfish"- Nominated "Best Use of Social Media for Television"
For more information on the Shorty Awards and the full list of nominees and finalists, visit www.ShortyAwards.com. The 6th Annual Shorty Awards will take place at 6:30 p.m. on April 7th at the TimesCenter at The New York Times Building in New York City.