Today is Halloween and for people who will not be trick or treating there is only one other way to spend the holiday: watching Halloween movies. Now there are two kinds of Halloween movies, there are the super scary ones that will make even the toughest person cry and then there are the funny/cute ones that anyone can watch. Since, I am a chicken and I can’t sit throw any of the really scary movies, I will give a list of the fun movies that the whole family can enjoy.
- Hocus Pocus- many people have seen this movie and know that it isn’t really that scary but is still a Halloween classic that is a must see every year. The story is about 3 witches played fantastically by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najmy who are accidentally resurrected by a teenager and his kid sister. This movie will most likely be playing on one of the thousand channels tonight, so go look for it and relieve the fun.
- Halloweentown- now for the 90’s kids out there who know this is a Disney Channel movie; you had an amazing childhood. This movie stars Kimberly Brown as Marnie who learns that her family are all witches and that her grandmother (Debbie Reynolds) is here to enlist their help in saving Halloweentown(where she lives) from a dangerous wizard. And the best part is that there are three sequels that are also good.
- The Addams Family- this movie and its sequel brought the original Halloween family to the big screen. Instead of being scary, it’s funny and makes the audience want to be apart of this very weird family (sort of). it will be on ABC Family tonight along with it's sequel, Addams Family Values.
- Practical Magic- this is a movie about two woman who are witches and the good and bad that it brings to their lives. Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman who play the lead roles as the sisters, are amazing in this movie. This is for the people who are sort of in the Halloween spirit but don’t want to watch a real Halloween movie.
- Casper- Everyone loves that friendly little ghost and this movie is fun for the kids and the adults. It gives a little insight into the origins of Casper and also puts Christina Ricci on the weird role career path that has made her famous.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas- this is a Tim Burton classic that not only makes Halloween look like a fun holiday to have year round, it also gets you in the mood for Christmas, which is right around the corner.