On The 17 Day Diet, Dr. Mike Moreno says that you do have to exercise but not for very long. Seventeen minutes a day is all it will take to lose a significant amount of weight (according to the good doctor). Vegetables are not off limits on this program either. Although the simple premise of the diet does suspiciously resemble a “low carb diet” at first glance, Dr. Moreno quickly dismisses this notion by pointing out that participants can eat vegetables and fruit and yogurt, even on the first “cycle”. Brown rice and other good starches are not introduced until later cycles. Moreno asserts that if followed exactly, hunger pangs will be kept to a minimum and with up to six allotted meals a day, one should be able to make it from day to day.
Now for days 2 & 3:
- 1 container of yogurt (Yoplait Greek 100 in vanilla) and one ½ grapefruit
- 1 bowl of grapes
- Grilled chicken and broccoli
- 1 container of Yoplait Greek 100 in vanilla
- The Super Salad. This requires some explanation. The Super Salad is a 17 Day Diet recipe that includes lettuce of any variety, tomatoes, boiled eggs, cucumbers and onions. You can add non-fat balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2 boiled eggs and one ½ grapefruit
- 1 bowl of grapes
- One large bowl of Chicken-Vegetable Soup. This is another 17 Day Diet special. It is quite tedious to prepare, but it was well worth the work. Chocked full of cleansing veggies and fat free broth and skinless grilled chicken, this offering was very tasty and filling. You are allowed seasonings like salt and pepper so use it to spruce things up.
- Turkey medallions and broccoli
Personal note: No rules have been broken as of day three. The food offerings have been a little on the sparse side, but because green tea is suggested after every main meal and coffee can be added as long as Truvia is the sweetener with no cream, one can stay fairly satiated.
For more information on the "accelerate cycle" which is the cycle that is being described, check out the featured video at the top of the article.
Stay tuned for day 4
Click here if you missed Day 1