Characteristics: Impulsive, late bold in preaching about Jesus.
Major Life Events:
- One of three in core group of disciples recognized Jesus as the Messiah.
- Denied Christ and Repented.
- Preached Pentecost sermon.
- A leader of the Jerusalem church.
- Baptized Gentiles.
- Wrote 1st and 2nd Peter
What Jesus said about him:
- Named him Peter, rock.
- Called him Satan when he urged Jesus to reject the cross
- said he would fish for people
- he received revelation from God
- He would deny Jesus
- he would later be crucified for his faith
A key lesson in his life: Christians falter at times but when they return to Jesus he forgives them and strengthens their faith.
- Matthew 4:18-20
- Mark 8:29-33
- Luke 22:31-34
- John 21:15-19
- Acts 2:14-41; 10:1-11:18
Jesus' faithful disciples were ordinary men who became extraordinary because of Him.Their lives were transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The story of Jesus' disciples does not end with the gospel, it continues in the book of Acts and many of the letters. Let's find out more about these men: The Jeanie/Jesus Project Day 12: Matthew 10:1-42
*adapted from The Life Application Bible