The Style Awards at Lincoln Center was the official opening ceremony Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center, with honors for John Varvatos, Kate Upton, the incredible designer, Zac Posen, and recently confirmed pregnant stylist, Rachel Zoe. Nicole Richie had the honor to host the 10th annual award show, and Anthony Bowles of Examiner.com had the chance to catch up with her on the red carpet as she gushed about hosting, "I am very excited, I think all of the honorees are incredible, and they all contribute so much to the fashion industry, they are all very deserving for the acknowledgement here tonight."
Other notable celebs in attendance included, Adrienne Bailon, supermodel, Chanel Iman, Christie Brinkley, Janie Bryant, and more watched Kate Upton take the honor for Model of The Year. Rachel Zoe gave a moving speech as she accepted her honor, for Stylist of The Year, and gave praise to her parents, who never pushed her into any direction and allowed her to make her own choices.
The crowd was then cooed over by 20-year-old singer Ariana Grande who gave a special performance and performed her hit single, "Tattooed Heart" which left the crowd in awe as she is a young reminiscent of Mariah Carey.
This year, Style Awards are scheduled to air on CNN September 14th at 7:00 PM EST.
This year's honorees include:
- Designer of the Year- Zac Posen
- Model of the Year- Kate Upton
- Most Stylish Athlete of the Year- Victor Cruz
- Photographer of the Year-Patrick Demarchelier
- Hairstylist of the Year - Frederic Fekkai
- Costume Designer of the Year - Film- Trish Summerville,
- Costume Designer of the Year - TV- Janie Bryant
- Stylist of the Year-Rachel Zoe
- Menswear Designer of the Year-John Varvatos,
- Most Visible Brand-Victoria's Secret