Pecan pie is a popular Thanksgiving dessert. There are many variations of the sugary, sweet classic made with Karo syrup, vanilla, sugar, butter, eggs and pecans that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Make the Karo Syrup Classic Pecan Pie recipe below or try one of these delicious recipes that may become a holiday favorite. Don't forget the whipped cream!
- Paula Deen's Dark Rum Pecan Pie
- Country Living's Pecan Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Tyler Florence's Bourbon and Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Emeril Lagasse's Classic Pecan Pie
- Guy Fieri's Southern Pecan Pie
Karo Syrup's Classic Pecan Pie Recipe:
- 1 cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving