Thaddeus Golas was an American author best known for "The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment". In this bestselling book he explains how to maintain a positive attitude even when things do not go your way.
“What happens is not as important, said Golas, “as how you react to what happens”.
Golas’ message is important for business leaders. A leader cannot create a workplace culture of success when the team is frustrated by things that did not go as expected. The leader must first know how to deal with failure in the leader’s own life.
“It is like a magic,” says Guillermo Williams of getmaximpact.com, “when a leader can see a positive outcome to any situation becomes infectious to the entire team.”
The positive outcome is not always going to be a sales, profit or quality success. Sometimes it is nothing more than knowing what not to do the next time the situation occurs.
Golas message was one of self-awareness. He knew that by keeping in touch with who you are you can be happier and more productive in the workplace - and the more effective leader within your team.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Resources for creating a winning workplace culture:
- Cultural roadmap, a look at the contents of the character within each of us.
- Max Impact offers free leadership training and development materials including Cultural Faux Pas and Culture Quizzes
- Keep your workforce motivated with these motivational quotes.
- Books about workplace cultures.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons ideal for building leadership during staff meetings.