Every year, Ellen DeGeneres dons her Santa hat and celebrates the season of giving with “12 Days of Giveaways,” which is very similar to Oprah’s “Favorite Things.” However, Ellen’s version stretches out for twelve whole days. On Dec. 17, Terry Bradshaw helped DeGeneres give away more gifts than ever on day nine, which totaled a whopping $4,000 in value on Tuesday. Concerning her desire to make others happy during the holiday season, Ellen told the “LA Times:
With Christmas, as you get older, it’s about the joy you get from giving and seeing the reaction of the other person.
Ellen spoke to Terry Bradshaw during the show and said that she wanted to hold a “Shake Your End Zone” game in his honor. Two contestants from the audience ran up on stage. The first was very good, but the second made sparks fly when she fell into the Christmas tree after a mean moonwalk. This was immediately followed by “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” music and an appearance by Slothy the Snowman, Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” mascot for 2013.
Below were the gifts from day nine of “12 Days of Christmas” in 2013 ($4,000 total value).
- $1100 Bulova watch with 72 diamonds
- $200 Gyft.com gift card
- $800 tickets to Hollywood Pantages Theater
- $300 Uber gift card
- $1200 3-day vacation at the Beverly Hilton Hotel
- $250 Ticketmaster gift card
- $150 Pair of tickets to Miley Cyrus Bangers Tour show
Below were the gifts from day eight of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2,700 total value):
- $900 HP Split x2 laptop computer
- $300 Epson Expression Premium XP-810 printer
- $300 Zappos gift card
- $1200 Las Vegas vacation at the Cosmopolitan
Below were the gifts from day seven of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2500 total value):
- $2500 JC Penny gift card
Below were the gifts from day six of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2700 total value):
- $100 Toys R Us gift card
- $100 Ellen Shop gift card
- $200 Shell gift card
- $300 Shutterfly gift card
- $500 5-year subscription to Netflix
- $300 Venue 8 tablet from Dell
- $1000 4-day vacation at any Intercontinental hotel
- $300 Limited edition “Ellen” Beats headphones
Below were the gifts from day five of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($3,500 total value):
- $300 Petco gift card
- $300 Cost Plus World Market gift card
- $400 Toys R Us gift card
- $500 Container Store gift card
- $2,000 3-day, 2-night stay at Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas
Below were the gifts from day four of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($1,700 total value):
- $250 Kindle Fire HD Wi-Fi tablet
- $100 Fitbit Flex wireless activity & sleep wristband
- $250 Deck by Sol Republic wireless speaker
- $300 Executive Beats by Dr. Dre headphones
- $500 RadioShack gift card
- $300 Visa gift card
Below were the gifts from day three of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2,700 total value):
- $400 Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner
- $250 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean powered toothbrush
- $150 Pebble Smartwatch
- $600 Warner Bros. 100-film DVD collection
- $550 Insignia 50” flat screen TV
- $750 Canon EOS Rebel SLI camera
Below were the gifts from day two of “12 Days of Giveaways ($2,149 total value):
- $250 Whole Foods gift card
- $600 Vitamix professional blender
- $500 Breville Youbrew coffeemaker
- $500 Calphalon cookware set
- $299 Beats Pill portable speaker
Below were the gifts from day one of “12 Days of Giveaways” ($1,700 total value):
- $1500 Target gift card
- $200 American Express gift card
After nine days, the total value of “12 Days of Giveaways” stands at $23,649.
In 2013, Ellen DeGeneres is once again giving viewers at home several opportunities to win the prizes from her “12 Days of Giveaways.” She calls it “12 Chances To Win 12 Days. Below is how you can participate and register to win.
- Ellen website: Every day, ten winners will receive all of the giveaways from that day.
- Facebook: Ellen’s Facebook fans get a chance to win each of the 12 Days of Giveaways.
- Twitter: Follow Ellen on Twitter. You never know when she’ll tweet a chance to win 12 Days prizes.
- Instagram: Follow Ellen on Instagram for fun and exciting ways to win a full day’s worth of 12 Days prizes.
- Yahoo Shine: Go to Ellen’s Good News page to win each day’s prizes. You could even win every single 12 Days prize.
- YouTube: Find the secret link to enter on one of Ellen’s “Heads Up” videos on YouTube, and you could win!
- Pinterest: Find Ellen’s pin of her holiday set for a very Pinteresting way to win.
- Vine: Follow Ellen on Vine and find the Vine with the secret link for another chance to win the prizes for that day.
- Newsletter: Ellen’s newsletter subscribers get a chance to win 12 Days prizes. Subscribe here.
- Tumblr: Find the image of Ellen’s viewers winning 12 Days prizes, and you would be a winner.
- Watch & Win: After the 12 Days of Giveaways, tune in to Ellen’s Watch & Win for another chance to win.
- GetGlue: Check in to every day of Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways on GetGlue and you could win, too.
“12 Days of Giveaways” continues through Friday, Dec. 20, but Ellen could throw in an extra day for good measure, just like she did in 2012.
To watch day nine of Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013, be sure to watch the video above.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs every weekday on NBC. Check local listings for air times.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.