Make a list of all of things that are wrong about terrorism.
- Victims include innocent people of all ages
- Attacks are indiscriminate without respect for humanity
- Terrorist acts undermine value from any possible cause
- Terrorist acts violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Terrorists are cowards whose absence of self-worth are glorified by faulty religious beliefs
News from Iraq this morning via Sinan Salaheddin and the Associated Press is that terrorists killed 37 people at a church bombing in Iraq. This time the targets happened to be Christians. Other times it is Muslim against Muslim. No matter what the affiliation, any religion that harbors terrorists cannot be considered a religion at all.
It is a sadder day in Iraq like there is sadness in Afghanistan and throughout the Middle East where people and their religions fuel the notion that there is redemption from terrorist acts. That is absurd, of course.
“Christmas Day bombings in Iraq's capital kill 37
By SINAN SALAHEDDIN, Associated Press | December 25, 2013 | Updated: December
25, 2013 8:08 a.m.
BAGHDAD (AP) — Militants in Iraq targeted Christians in three separate Christmas Day bombings in Baghdad, killing at least 37 people, officials said Wednesday.
In one attack, a car bomb went off near a church in the capital's southern Dora neighborhood, killing at least 26 people and wounding 38, a police officer said.
Earlier, two bombs ripped through a nearby outdoor market simultaneously in the Christian section of Athorien, killing 11 people and wounding 21, the officer said.”