Embark on a bloodcurdling voyage aboard the haunted and historical Queen Mary for the annual Dark Harbor celebration, a first-class and must-see event that will shock, scare and surprise you.
With Halloween season in full fright, the witching hour has come to enjoy the season in its full gory at THE best haunted attraction that’s filled with glamorous ghouls & monsters, magnificently morbid mazes, hair-raising rides, creepy circus freak shows, a haunted hookah lounge, RIP Lounge and spine-chilling sweets and treats. Come aboard the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, a haunted carnival of chilling spectacles and spirits that reaches new heights and frights to sail guests away to the “other side” — offering a frightening yet first-class entertainment experience where no other haunt has dared to go.
With haunted history and Hollywood stories at its helm, the Queen Mary is both a spectacular and spine-chilling site to see year round, but when the Halloween season shudders in — guests can be filled with grimly-glee to enjoy the Queen and its secret passages along with its cadaverous Captain and cast of creepy characters for Dark Harbor.
I was invited to the insidious affair for Dark Harbor’s opening night where I was dreadfully delighted with its larger-than-life attractions and chilling characters, leaving with a luridly unforgettable experience. To avoid spoiling the spooks out of you, I will briefly share my haunted highlights…after all, you must dare to venture for yourself.
* MEET THE STARS & SPINE-CHILLING CHARACTERS *
Evil lurks within Dark Harbor with a highly artistic and creatively creepy cast:
The Ringmaster- let’s tip our hats to Dark Harbor’s newest character, the Ringmaster — a macabre master of ceremonies that will fascinate and frighten you. She’s both extraordinary and eerie, spellbinding you with scary ship-tales she shares at center stage while luring you with her ghastly guise.
The Captain- the chilling commander of the “Grey Ghost” that has beckoned the wreckage and its lost souls out for a full-scale fright. Beware for his barnacle-filled face, ghostly white uniform and spine-chilling stare will leave you haunted long after you’ve come ashore.
Half Hatch Henry- the Hero of HELLFIRE, a poor trapped soul that gruesomely lost his life on the bloody boat. Be on the lookout as he horrifyingly heads your way wielding an axe and raising havoc.
Graceful Gale- a glamorous ghoul with a haunted Hollywood past and the first class Mistress of SUBMERGED. Watch out as she glides on by with her creepy yet captivating look that just might capture you into the deepest parts of the sea.
Samuel the Savage- meet the creepy resident of CONTAINMENT, the gruesome guest of room B340 who was locked away after a violent outburst only to be found violently ripped apart to death. He’s out for vengeance fighting to escape.
Scary Mary- the ghoulish girl of SUBMERGED who met her fate over 50 years ago drowning in the ship’s pool. Be careful because Scary Mary can be seen skipping about the ship, petrifying guests with her child’s play
* MUST-EXPERIENCE MORBID MAZES, HAIR-RAISING RIDES & ALARMING ATTRACTIONS *
The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor features six menacing mazes along with a variety of eerie entertainment for you to enjoy. There are many things to do and see on this bloody boat but be sure to venture and experience my following favorites:
- CIRCUS MAZE- New for 2013, enter this carnival of carnage filled with dreads and delusions. This macabre maze filled with twist and turns is unlike any other with maddening mirrors to turn your way around, a terrifying knife thrower and secret passages. Be careful, you just might not make it out alive or at all!
- ZIPLINE (additional tickets required for participation, $15 per person)- Thrill-seekers will achieve an adrenaline-rush, leaping off of Dark Harbor’s high-speed zip-line. It might spook the pants off you but there’s no better way to get “scared to death” soaring high over the creepy celebrations
- SUBMERGED MAZE- Plunge into this maze and set sail on the sinking ship that houses two of the Queen Mary’s spine-chilling characters, Graceful Gale and Scary Mary. Go where no guest has gone before, deep into the corridors of the “Grey Ghost” and see for yourself why it is one of the most haunted locations in the world.
- FREAKSHOWS (additional tickets required for entry, $5 per person for all 5 freak shows)- Dark Harbor hosts a unique haunt experience unlike any other, step right up and get a closer look at what’s lurking inside five freaks shows, new for 2013. The mysterious containers of freaks filled with Headless Hannah, Human Crab, Sparky, The White Spirit and the Shadow Spirit (my personal favorite) will share both tricks and treats that will disturb and delight you!
- THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED- Enter this ominous village, a bloodcurdling back-country that’s home to a variety of demented spirits and creatures of the night. But don’t say I didn't warn you, this maze takes you on a long and terrorizing path to insanity!
Don’t forget to sink your teeth into the frightful fare, dreadful drinks and scary sweets. With names like Body Parts BBQ, Dracula’s Pizza, and Haunted Treats serving up everything from meals to monster munchies, there’s sure to be something to die for and digest.
So face your fears and plunge into the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor…but don’t wait too long as the event is sure to sell completely out!
Tickets are now available and start at just $20 for the Happy Haunting Hour and $24 for General Admission. Having celebrated its opening night yesterday, Dark Harbor still has 16 terrifying nights to host: Oct. 4-5, 11-13, 17-20, 24-27, 31; Nov. 1- 2, 7pm to Midnight. All held at the Queen Mary Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA 90802
INSIDER TIP: You only live once so purchase the VIP package which includes: VIP line entrance, (1) GA Ticket, (1) Fast Fright Pass (cut-in-line) & (1) admission to the R.I.P. Lounge, where you can rest in peace with only occasional monster encounters, located above Dark Harbor with a ghost-eye-view of entire event, including (4) drink tickets and made-to-order street taco station. This petrifying package is the way to go to experience the ultimate in frights and delectable treats!
For more information visit www.queenmary.com/dark-harbor