The side-scrolling digging and adventure title, Terraria, is marked down all the way to $4.94 on the Xbox Store. It's best described as a Minecraft crossed with a side-scrolling adventure platformer for those unfamiliar with the title.
Meanwhile, the cave diving Spelunky is dropped to $3.74 and sends players on a treasure and damsel hunting adventure through randomly generated worlds. It also features co-op for up to four players.
The twisty Fez also receives a deep cut all the way to $2.49 and challenges players to solve puzzles by running a 2D character around a revolving 3D world to collect cubes and unlock new areas.
These three will be on sale for all of Wednesday, Dec. 18 as part of the daily deal for the Countdown to 2014 promotion. There's also several full retail titles and Xbox LIVE Arcade games that will be on sale through Dec. 23. The full list of games available throughout the promotion period is below.
Games on Demand
- FIFA 14 - $40.19 (50 percent off in Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- NHL 14 - $40.19
- Bioshock Infinite - $13.99
- Deadpool - $19.99
- Madagascar 3 - $9.99
- Rise Of The Guardians - $6.79
- Spider-Man: Edge of Time - $9.89
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - $9.89
- Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - $9.89
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $9.89
- X-Men: Destiny - $12.79
- X-Men: Origins Wolverine - $9.89
- X-Men: The Official Game - $9.89
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - $5.09
Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse - $7.49
- Doodle Jump for Kinect - $0.99
- Freefall Racers - $0.99
- Fruit Ninja Kinect - $0.99
- Guardians of Middle-earth - $4.94
- Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death - $11.24
- Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - $3.74
- Mini Ninjas Adventures - $0.99
- The Simpsons Arcade Game - $4.99
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD - $7.49
- Wreckateer - $0.99
- X-MEN - $4.99
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.