As we usher in Cinco de Mayo, stop and think about these unexpected health benefits of Tequila! Tequila is derived from the agave plant, which has been shown to lower cholesterol and even help with diabetes. The health benefits of Tequila extend beyond limes and salt!
Check out the following 5 surprising uses for Tequila:
- Aids digestion: Tequila might actually aid digestion. A shot, after a large dinner, helps digestion.
- Lowers cholesterol: Agave has been found to actually lower cholesterol.
- Cold Remedy: Mexican doctors, as early as the 1930's, used to prescribe a drink of tequila blanco, agave nectar and lime juice. Agave can help to relieve sore throats and even kill bacteria.
- Relaxation remedy: A small glass of Tequila can help you to relax and induce drowsiness before bedtime.
- Colon corrector: Blue agave has been found to soothe the colon and erase bad bacteria.
So, when life brings you limes; add a shot of Tequila!
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"