At the age of fifteen, Catherine Bellis is the youngest girl to win a match at the U.S. Open since 1996. Our focus? Her Valentino-inspired ponytail, as created by Redken Creative Consultant Guido at Valentino's Fall/Winter 2014 Fahion Show!
This ponytail has been a popular look ever since it hit the runway. Guido dishes on how to get this look for yourself and the Redken products needed to perfect it.
Create the Look:
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer on damp hair
- Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair
- Blowdry hair straight with natural bristle brush
- Create a clean center part
- Comb hair straight back creating slight lift at the crown
- Gather hair into a low ponytail covering ears and secure with elastic
- Place elastics every 2-3 inches down the ponytail
- Pull hair in between each elastic to puff out the hair
- Finish with Redken control addict 28 super strength finishing spray
©Ginae B. McDonald. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com.
Follow me on Facebook
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
Redken products are best purchased at your local salon which can be found by logging on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon; however, select Ulta stores do sell Redken both in-store and online.