Here comes another installment of Ten Tournament Tidbits, focusing on boys hockey.
1. There were four schools making their first trip to state. Luverne, New Prague and Chisago Lakes were in Class A and Stillwater was the only first time Class AA school.
2. The only unbeaten team in the tournament was Luverne.
3. East Grand Forks is the only school to be seeded number one in both the state boys and girls tournaments.
4. The South Suburban and Lake Conferences sent two teams apiece to St. Paul.. Lakeville North and Eagan represented the South Suburban and Edina and Eden Prairie came from the Lake.
5. There were four schools that played in both the boys and girls tournaments. Lakeville North, Eden Prairie, East Grand Forks and Roseau.
6. There were four overtime games. The longest was the Class A consolation final between Luverne and Totino-Grace that was won by Totino-Grace in three overtimes.
7. Roseau won its sixth consolation championship, the most in state tournament history.
8. The only game between two private schools was the Class A quarterfinal between Totino-Grace andSt. Cloud Cathedral.
9. Cathedral was the first St. Cloud school to play in the state tournament since 2009.
10. For the fifth straight year, the Hermantown Hawks took home the second place trophy