With the state boys hockey tournament in the books, it's time for another installment of Ten Tournament Tidbits.
1. The only school to make their first trip to state, the Marshall Tigers.
2. The Class A consolation semifinal game pitted a pair of Marshalls. The Marshall Tigers and the Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers.
3. Centennial,who made their first trip to St. Paul since 2004, is based in Circle Pines and also serves Blaine, Lexington, Centerville and Lino Lakes.
4. There were two overtime games. (Hill-Murray beating Wayzata and in double overtime Hermantown over Breck.)
5. Since the state tournament began in 1945, Edina has been represented under the names Edina-Morningside, Edina East, Edina West and Edina, accounting for a total of 35 state tournament appearances.
6. Rochester Lourdes teamed up with Stewartville for their fourth joint trip to state.
7. Hill-Murray has finished second eight times, the most of any state tournament team.
8. The last time St. Cloud Apollo played in the state tournament was 1984.
9. There were three shut outs. Two were by St. Thomas Academy, the other Duluth East.
10. The only team with a sub .500 record was Lakeville North.