Boston is a popular destination to live and to go on vacation. It's a place that is rich in history and culture. It's also quite rich in it's own folklore like every other city. As you read these you'll notice some deal with luck, marriage, and even death.
Let's being looking at these 10:
- A shooting star is the sign of someone's death.
- Sneezing is a sign that someone is talking about you.
- When your eye twitches it is bad luck.
- Turn everything upside down in the room where the dead is laid out.
- If a knife drops, that first visitor at your house will be a woman.
- If a person sees blackbirds in the morning, he will have bad luck.
- A cross-eyed person loves two persons equally.
- If a person cuts his fingernails in the evening, he will have bad luck.
- Put your clothes in the four corners of the room, and you will dream of the one you will marry.
- Seeds that are planted in the new moon will do well, unlike seeds that are planted in the dark of the moon.
So those were just some superstitions that surround the city of Boston. Maybe you knew some or maybe you got to learn more about the city.
"A Treasury of American Folklore" Edited by Terri Hardin