Simone Davis a.k.a. Cinnamon is an artist most currently well-known for her large paintings, inspired by the elements of earth, wind, water and fire, using acrylics, oils and metallic powders to present the universe as she sees and feels it.
1. What age would you say you first began creating art?
Whenever I held my first crayon.
2. Did you create for the fun of it, because you simply couldn't not create art or some other reason?
Yes, I had to create something all of the time.
3. What age would you say you first began defining yourself as an artist?
I did not. Others defined me from kindergarten on.
4. What are your opinions about being paid for art? Do you consider yourself a professional artist?
The profession for me is always about someone wanting to own my art.
5. Have you had formal training? If so, how do you feel it has helped you as an artist? How do you feel it has hindered you? If not, what are your thoughts about formal training?
I enjoy the process of becoming an artist mostly on my own with some training.
6. If you could create art with a different medium than the one you are currently most well-known for, what would it be?
I would enjoy designing aluminum forms and having them welded together in a super large collage format to hang in large spaces.
7. What inspires you? Do you have some sort of "something" you do that when you do it ideas for new projects just seem to flow? Do you ever record your ideas for future use? If so, what is your favorite way?
I am always inspired by my next show and where it will be.***
8. What is your favorite curse word?
9. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Nothing comes to mind at the moment as I answer these questions.
10. What's next for you? What else is possible?
Another opportunity to be recognized.
Anything else you would love to share here about you, your life, your art...anything?
As an artist we must commit to God, ourselves and to others of our talent as a gift to share.
If someone would be interested in seeing, buying art you already have created and/or commissioning you for an art project; what would be your preferred way, currently, to have them contact you?
Phone: 949.500.1537 or my website: www.simonedavis.com
***Simone's next gallery showing will be Thursday, March 21, 2013, with a reception and opportunity to meet the artist. The show is at Ty Alexander Salon & Gallery, 230 Newport Center Drive #90, Newport Beach (located below the Kinkos/Muldoons parking area at the atrium level near Wild Strawberry Cafe). The show opening is from 5:30 - 8 p.m. Wine & cheese refreshments will be served.