Louise Toth is an artist currently known for creating amazing jewelry. She is also the author of THOTH, Jesus of Egypt.
1. What age would you say you first began creating art?
Lori, I started creating art and walking at the same time.
2. Did you create for the fun of it, because you simply couldn't not create art or some other reason?
I saw art in everything around me.
3. What age would you say you first began defining yourself as an artist?
I thought I was an artist when I drew on the walls next to my crib.
4. What are your opinions about being paid for art? Do you consider yourself a professional artist?
Art is a love, yet we must be compensated for our time, talents and our materials, as any professional would be compensated.
5. Have you had formal training? If so, how do you feel it has helped you as an artist? How do you feel it has hindered you? If not, what are your thoughts about formal training?
I have European formal training. Also, I feel the atmosphere of the culture is a bonus to any artist.
6. If you could create art with a different medium than the one you are currently known for, what would it be?
My art is best known for my jewelry designs. I have created in many other art forms from designing homes to designing stained glass windows.
7. What inspires you? Do you have some sort of "something" you do that when you do it ideas for new projects just seem to flow? Do you ever record your ideas for future use? If so, what is your favorite way?
My inspirations come as I lay my hands on my tools. When I get an idea at night, I record my thoughts on my iPhone.
8. What's your favorite curse word?
Shit is the world that seems to come out of my mouth seemingly with a mind of its own.
9. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Being an author.
10. What's next for you? What else is possible?
I just published my new book, THOTH, Jesus of Egypt.
Anything else you would love to share here about you, your life, your art...anything?
My book is about the fact that God trusted this unique country of Egypt to protect His son, Jesus, when the Holy family fled from the murderous King Herod. Jesus stood at the very same pyramids. I attended a wisdom conference in Cairo. There I learned my name is the English version of Thoth, the God of Wisdom, the 'Mind Behind Cosmic Order'. The Egyptians believed Thoth's manuscripts were the truth.
My journey rivaled the adventures of Indiana Jones. Please join us. Professor, Doctor Zahi Hawass, the Chief Inspector of the Giza Pyramid Plateau and the renown Indian Chief Black Elk. You will walk like an Egyptian in Profession Amon's Party in front of the Sphinx and travel through the Turkish bazaar. I could not imagine what lay before me. I was one of ten chosen for a three hour ceremony inside the Giza Pyramid and meditation inside the sacred tomb of King Tutankhamun. The history and illustrations are worth the price of the book.
If someone would be interested in seeing, buying art you already have created and/or commissioning you for an art project; what would be your preferred way, currently, to have them contact you?
Please contact me through me website: www.louisetoth.com or 949.335.5164.
FYI: if you are an artist and would enjoy being featured in a "Ten Questions" article like this one, please contact Lori Bjork at email@example.com. Thank you.