From the small punk clubs in Oakland to the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, the Bay Area is a great place to see live music. Every genre of music and type of musician from the established superstars to the newly formed bands in San Francisco are welcome to play their music here and there are plenty of fans to come out and watch.
Here are 10 shows played in the Bay Area in 2013 that will not be forgotten.
1. Black Sabbath (Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View)
2. The Killers (Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco)
3. Heart with Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience (America’s Cup Pavilion, San Francisco)
4. Thee Oh Sees (Phono Del Sol festival, San Francisco)
5. Breakdown Valentine (The Rickshaw Stop, San Francisco)
6. Cosmic Suckerpunch (Cafe Du Nord, San Francisco)
7. The Soft White Sixties (Light Rail Studios, San Francisco)
8. Lee Gallagher and The Hallelujah (The Uptown Nightclub, Oakland)
9. We Will Be Lions (Night Light, Oakland)
10. Turn Me On Dead (Milk Bar, San Francisco)
2013 is almost over but there is plenty to look forward to in 2014. Who will be the next great live act and which artist will make it from the club to the theater or from the theater to the arena? We will just have to wait and see. Bring on the live music of 2014!