He's cool. He has a great smirk. He's charming. And he's a pretty suave dresser. That Larry King is someone to look at, isn't he? Oh yeah, and then there's Tony Goldwyn, the guy women gush over (or hate, depending on whether Gladiators are Team Jake or Team Fitz). On Larry King's online talk show "Larry King Now," the actor/director talks about how he got the part as President Fitzgerald "Fitz" Thomas Grant III on "Scandal," what it's like to work with Kerry Washington and some other tidbits about his latest work.
Here are 10 fun facts during the chat between the two. Click here to see the entire interview.
1. Goldwyn and Washington are both political junkies.
2. Goldwyn directed the second and third seasons of "Grey's Anatomy."
3. Goldwyn studied Presidents Barack H. Obama and Bill Clinton the most for his role as President Grant III.
5. Clarke Peters from "The Wire" will play the father of the successful attorney in "The Divide."
6. "Outlaw Prophets," which airs on Lifetime on June 28, has juicy naked scenes of Goldwyn playing the role of fundamentalist Mormon leader who spent over a year on the FBI’s “10 Most Wanted List” after fleeing charges from illegal marriages with underage girls.
7. Goldwyn likes the control of being a director over being an actor.
8. Goldwyn's first kiss was during Spin the Bottle.
9. Goldwyn believes no actors from "Scandal" are similar to their characters.
10. Goldwyn's most embarrassing scene on "Scandal" is directing and acting in a sex scene at the same time.
Follow Shamontiel on Pinterest for all of her latest TV, book, music and movie reviews; photo galleries; entertainment news and other entries, or subscribe to her Scandal Examiner channel at the top of this page. Also, follow her @BlackHealthNews, and follow this Pinterest board to read her celebrity interviews.