The holiday season is finally here and women with style decorate the entire home, not just the lights that hang from the eaves. Use the following holiday decorating tips to replicate the warm and inviting atmosphere of cozying by the fire with eggnog and cookies as we enjoy each other’s company.
Home improvement expert Eli Mechlovitz, owner of GlassTileStore.com, has detailed ten easy holiday decorating tips, from the bathroom to the kitchen, that are sure to create a snug and welcoming atmosphere when guests come to visit.
- Throw Rugs not only warm cold floors, but also create an inviting, cozy atmosphere in the room. A soft rug invites relaxation and bare feet. For extra warmth, add throw rugs that use deep red and gold tones for your holiday decorating.
- Books and photo albums fill empty space on a bookshelf or when conveniently placed on a coffee table create a “lived in” look and feel. It makes people want to wrap up in a blanket and snuggle on the couch as they reminisce of holidays past through old albums. However, don’t go overboard as it could appear cluttered. There should be a few books and albums strategically placed to invite comfort.
- Welcome guests into your home through holiday decorating. Simply place a welcome mat at your front door. Choose one with rich, holiday colors or hang a welcome sign by your front door or in the entryway.
- Greenery or artificial flowers adds warmth, especially in red, orange, gold and green. As you decorate the home for the holidays, fill your house with warm, rich colors, and add scented candles or plug-ins (think holiday flavors like pumpkin spice or cranberry) to top off the effect.
- Turn your furniture towards the fireplace this holiday season. The flames entice conversation and encourage good times.
- “Holiday up” the bathroom as this space is most often forgotten when we get our home ready for the holidays. Add some themed towels, colorful scented candles, and sparkly holiday soaps for additional holiday warmth to a room that every family member and most guests end up spending some time in.
- Choose seasonal throw pillows for your furniture in holiday themes to the chairs and couch, along with a cozy blanket adorned over the back of the sofa.
- Add curtains to your windows if you don’t have them already, as the holiday colors will add emotional warmth and the curtains will physically warm the area. Curtains are a great way to trap the cold outside while still letting natural light warm the house.
- Add twinkly lights throughout your home either spread across the indoor greenery, draped over the doorway, or hung in the bathroom and any other place that needs a little extra light. Soft white adds a nice touch and creates a holiday glimmer inside as well as out.
- Place holiday candy glass jars around the house filled with peppermints, butterscotch hard candies, and colorful holiday ribbon candy in easily visible places, such as on the coffee table and kitchen counters.
The ten easy holiday decorating tips were made possible thanks to GlassTileStore.com's Eli Mechlovitz, who is well aware that using colors and simple home accessories can greatly improve and alter a home's look and feel. For example, by adding colorful tiles to a bathroom wall or kitchen backsplash, you can add light and style to the room without having to invest in an expensive redesign. He believes that this constant stream of new and totally original tile designs is what’s keeping his business a step ahead of the competition. GlassTileStore.com revolutionized the way tiles are sold and bought online. He offers free shipping, a 365-day return policy, and design help to customers, something you’d be hard-pressed to get at other tile stores.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com.