Rock Valley College is currently hiring Temporary, Seasonal Part-time Teacher Aides, in Adult Education & Literacy. The position is at the main campus, and the openings are needed immediately. These are full time positions.
The Adult Education and Literacy department is seeking Teacher Aides to supplement ABE/GED and ESL, instruction in and out of the classroom, per teacher assignment and suggestion.
- Meet with students in and out of classroom at assigned times and locations.
- Assist student with supplemental coursework, per teacher assignment and suggestion.
- Assist instructor in completion of student records.
- Assist instructor in the evaluation and documentation of student progress.
- Use appropriate texts and teaching materials, as assigned by instructor and/or coordinator.
- Attend and participate in conferences related to teaching area.
- Attend program meetings and staff development activities.
- Assist students in the proper use of classroom equipment where appropriate.
- Show tolerance and flexibility in dealing with persons from disadvantaged social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Show respect for cultural differences.
Individuals should have the minimum of an Associate degree and knowledge of basic computer skills. Experience working with adults is preferred. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to: