Five Temecula Valley wineries picked up 26 awards at the 2013 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, including a Best of Class for the Monte de Oro 2008 Synergy 65 Red Blend. Temecula Valley winemakers took home 4 Gold, 4 Silver and 12 Bronze awards. Congratulations to those award-winning winemakers in this Southern California wine region.
The 2013 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the largest competition of American wines and this year included a record breaking 5,500 entries from 25 states and judged by 60 prominent wine judges. The competition is always fierce and as the number of entries grow, it becomes tougher.
Following are awards picked up by Temecula Valley Wineries.
- Callaway Vineyards & Winery– won three Bronze medals for the 2011 Muscat Canelli, 2010 Chardonnay and the 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Falkner Winery– captured a Silver medal for their 2008 Super Tuscan Style Amante and Bronze for the 2008 Merlot and 2009 Rock Creek Syrah
- Fazeli Winery– picked up two Bronze medals for their 2009 Pandemonium red blend and the 2009 Khayyam Cabernet Sauvignon
- Monte De Oro Winery– was proud to capture the Best of Class award for their 2008 Synergy 65 Red Blend, plus a Gold for the Cuvee De Oro Rhone Blend, Silver for the 2009 Vista Del Monte Syrah, 2008 Reserve Vista Del Monte Syrah, and Bronze for the 2008 Unique Elements red blend and the 2008 Reserve Vista Del Monte V Cabernet Sauvignon
- South Coast Winery– captured Gold medals for their 2011 Carter Estate Musque Clone Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Carter Estate Tempranillo Rose and the 2009 Carter Estate Penrose, plus Silver for the 2011 Sans Chene Chardonnay, and Bronze for the 2009 Wild Horse Tempranillo, 2008 Blanc de Blancs, and the Black Jack Port
The public is invited to the Public Tasting to be held at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco on Saturday, February 16th at 2 – 5 p.m.
For more information: