Valentine’s Day is getting closer and it is time to think of something nice to make for your sweetie. Who is sweeter than candy and sugar? Your honey and so is the honey in the jar of your cupboard. This cake recipe is super moist and full of flavor. It has a similar taste to that of a spice cake and so is the texture. The honey just adds more flavor to the cake while providing added moisture for a delicious dessert. Try baking this one for your Valentine and enjoy a moist spiced cake and a great big kiss from your honey too.
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of cloves
- 1 cup warm black coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar and oil together with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Then add in the honey and eggs, mix until color turn a lighter shade.
- Then in another mixing bowl sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to sugar mixture a little at a time and adding a splash of the coffee as you go until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans or use floured baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cake is done baking let sit for 5 minutes the transfer the cake from the pan to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Once cool place cake on a platter to slice and serve.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: