Atlus sent out an email today detailing their newest contest for the game God Mode. A bit unique, this is titled, "Ways to Die," and, as the name suggests, Atlus and Old School Games want to hear how you died. By now, if you know nothing about God Mode, you may be wondering, "What the heck are you talking about?"...
In the game God Mode, you are dead, and inside the Maze of Hades. Atlus and Old School Games want to know your version of how you got there. The contest is simple enough, with the following rules:
- No mentions of brand names (if it has a TM or © or ®, that’s a good hint that it can’t be mentioned). You might hate that fast food chain down the road, but if someone died eating its horsemeat burger, we just can’t include the name of the establishment in the voiceover
- No mentioning of real-life individuals. Your neighbor might have the world’s worst BO, maybe even bad enough to cause a death, but don’t mention him/her by name or we need to exclude your submission. ·
- Please refrain from using profanity in the submission. It might be a funny line to us, but unfortunately we won't be able to put it in the game. ·
The phrase should be about 25-30 seconds long that should naturally break down into 6-8 sentences with pauses.
Include your real name in the submission as well as an email where we can contact you if you win.
What do you get? The answer is simple:
- Submissions that make us laugh or cringe more than the others will get selected and recorded by our hilariously annoying Spirit Guide for inclusion in the game. We aren’t limiting the number of entries that get in. If it’s good, you might just hear it in the game.
- You win, and you also get a game credit in the “Special Thanks” category.
So head on over to the site and enter! Maybe you'll be a lucky winner.