The Four Seasons Papagayo Resort in Costa Rica will host the travel company’s flagship event for the year. The tournament fee of $190 per player includes the golf, catamaran cruise, dinner and snack at the course and drinks and prizes from the event’s sponsors.
After the final putt settles in the last hole, the players head for the post-golf party on a catamaran where the many prizes are to be presented.
The tournament’s format is individual medal play. There are three handicap categories and the overall winner who picks up the grand prize of a trip to the Tour Championship in Atlanta this September.
Tournament prizes and contests also include:
- First prize - Box of Titleist ProV1 balls, hotel stays courtesy of a sponsor, and the Tee Times Costa Rica Cup Exotic Wood Vase for each category winner
- $1 million shootout
- $10,000 putting contest
- Closest to the pin and longest drive contest
- Worst golfer and best-dressed golfers contests
- Free night certificates at Costa Rica's best beach and mountain resorts
- BluRay players, and cameras
- Gift certificates from Lindora Golf
- Certificates for free dining, ATV tours, catamaran trips, spa days and zip lining.
- Certificates for free rounds at Costa Rica courses like Reserva Conchal, Los Suenos, San Buenas, and Valle del Sol
- Hotel stays
The Four Seasons Costa Rica Golf Club is an Arnold Palmer design. Golf Digest ranks the 18-hole, par-72 championship track among the “Top 100 Courses Outside the U.S.”
The layout starts atop one of Peninsula Papagayo’s highest plateaus, which overlooks the jewelled waters of Bahia de Culebra.
Spectacular water views accent 14 of the 18 holes. The signature hole, No. 6, El Bajo, is a dramatic 446-yard par-four with a tee shot that plays 200 feet downhill into a valley-shaped fairway. The green is perched on a cliff and features an ocean backdrop.
The players will no doubt take one last deep breath as their rounds conclude on the scenic 18th green. It sparks double-takes thanks to the remarkable views of the Pacific Ocean and Bahia de Culebra.
For more details and to register, call 1.866.448.3182 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.