When: Friday, June 7, 1:00PM– 6:30PM
Where: Patricia M.Sitar Center for the Arts, 1700 Kalorama Road, NW
Cost: Early bird tickets: $45 each; limited time only. Purchase tickets at: http://tedxadamsmorgan.eventbrite.com.
TEDxAdamsMorgan focuses on getting a diverse group of bright and underexposed thinkers to discuss solutions to pressing problems including empowering the poor, seeking positive solutions to racial/sexual/ethnic discrimination, and determining pragmatic solutions to solving problems of environmental degradation. Experience an afternoon of inspirational ideas worth spreading: mixing arts and culture with creatives, innovators, community organizers, artists, and others who want to help shape the forces of change in Adams Morgan, and beyond. Stay connected with events on Twitter and follow @TEDxAdamsMorgan.
15 presenters and artists, with a broad range of backgrounds and focus areas, will unite to share their views on the forces of change. Speakers are listed below and full bios on speakers can be found at: http://tedxadamsmorgan.org/speakers.
· Emcee: Shirleen Mitchell (Founder, Digital Sisters)
· Beth Ann Ruoff (Managing Director, Ogilvy)
· Kristal Lauren High (Editor, Politic365)
· Murray Mann (Principle, Global Diversity Solutions Group)
· Ivonne A-Baki (Ambassador of Ecuador)
· Jose Antonio Tijerino (CEO, Hispanic Heritage Foundation)
· Amardeep Singh (Co-founder and Director of Programs, The Sikh Coalition)
· Kavita Patel (Fellow and Managing Director of Delivery System Reform, Brookings Institution)
· Brian English (Director of Program Innovation, CHF International)
· Emmalee June (Rising Senior, American University)
· Cheryl Contee (Partner, Fission Strategy)
· Andrew Barnett (Executive Director, SMYAL)
· Bill Novelli (Professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University)
· Earth’s Natural Force Rangers (youth performing arts troupe)
· Studio G Dance Group (DC Dance Collective)