“You don’t understand that it’s a simple inanimate tool that tens of millions of American families own that have never caused a problem, never had an accident and will never commit a crime,” Nugent said in response.
Morgan claimed that 100,000 people get hit by gunfire every year, but Nugent turned that argument back.
“Let me stop you there, because I’ve been hearing you say this and you’re so full of crap. Listen to me, that statistic includes bad guys shot by cops and intruders shot by homeowners. So that figure is bogus,” Nugent said.
According to the FBI, there were a total of 12,664 murders in 2011, 8583 of which were committed with firearms, less than one-tenth the number cited by Morgan.
Morgan said that 18,000 people commit suicide using a gun, causing Nugent to respond: “Japan has a higher suicide rate and they aren’t allowed to get downwind of a gun. Your turn.”
“Do you care about murders?” Nugent asked. “Or do you only care about about murders with guns?”
Morgan said he cares about all death.
“I don’t think you do. I think you care about guns. I think you’re obsessed with guns,” Nugent replied.
“99.99% of the gun owners of America are wonderful people that you are hanging around with here today. Perfectly safe. Perfectly harmless. Wonderful, loving, giving, generous caring people. Would you leave us the h*ll alone? Go after the nut jobs, go after the murderers, because I don’t know any. We need to lock up the bad guys and when people show dangerous, murderous intent, which everyone one of these mass murderers showed. All their neighbors, their family, their teachers, their fellow students, they all knew they were crazy but, Piers, we didn’t stop them because we’re worried about hurting their feelings. We have a mad man problem in America," Nugent said.
“I won’t leave you alone because this is a debate that needs to be had,” Morgan said.
Later, Morgan asked Nugent to respond to President Obama's gun proposals.
Nugent slammed Obama on a number of issues and said he was elected by a "clueless majority."
“I don’t agree with President Obama on any of this,” Nugent said, citing places with strict gun laws and skyrocketing crime, like Chicago.
Video of the exchange can be seen here.
- Jesse Jackson claims semi-automatic rifles can 'blow up railroads'
- Homeland Security seeking to purchase 7,000 'assault rifles'
- Legal immigrant on gun control: ‘Few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late’
- Rahm Emmanuel to major banks: Stop serving gun manufacturers
- Americans blame bad parenting, Hollywood for mass shootings over guns
- CNN's Piers Morgan admits gun bans will not stop mass shootings
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Bank of America to gun maker: 'We believe you should not be selling' on Internet
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to 'dry up' supply of weapons (Video)
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying 'pow'
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate 'Gun Appreciation Day'
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC's Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segregationists
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second Amendment
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones