Many of the readers, know the famous Aesop’s Fable #226 , http://childhoodreading.com/?p=3, “The Tortoise and the Hare” Even though the hare was faster, the tortoise beat him and the fable ends with the tortoise saying “Slowly does it every time!” This is a tail about consistency. Anthony Robbins said “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” Eventbrite is a widely used tool for hosting, tracking and paying for events. But once a custom URL is used for an event, it cannot be used again. They say “where there is a will, there is a way”. Even though the help file is using images from an older version of eventbrite.com, the instructions are still helpful. The help file, http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/portal/articles/430042-reuse-a-custom-url-web-address, says
"Reuse a custom URL/web address
• Use a custom URL from a past event for a new event
• People going to that URL can seamlessly register for the new event
To get started, either create a new event, or copy a past event and then update the relevant details in the new draft event. Locate your old event that has the customized web address/URL that you'd like to use for your new event by clicking My Events at the top of the page, then selecting the Completed tab. Once you have found your old event, click the Edit link, under Quick Links, to the right of the event's title.
- Using your mouse, highlight and delete the customized portion.
- Now click Save in the upper or lower right of the page. That customized web address is now free for you to use for your new event.
- Now we can apply that personalized link to your new event. To do this, click My Events at the top of the page, and then click Edit, under Quick Links, to the right of the title of your event. (If your new event is still in draft mode, first click the Draft tab, then click on Edit as described above.
- Scroll down to the Customize Web Address field and enter the customized web address that you deleted from your old event. Make sure to click Save in the upper or lower right of the page."
Now you have made it much easier for users to register for the latest event and the custom URL is consistent.