National Teacher Appreciation Week is here. The week of Monday, May 5, through Friday, May 9, is being celebrated nationwide as a week to say "thank you" to teachers, assistants, coaches, school nurses, guidance counselors, and all the other educational professionals working hard to improve students' lives.
It isn't too late to thank a teacher who has made an impact on you or your child. Whether it's on Twitter with the hashtag #thankateacher or by writing a note with pen and paper, any time is the right time to show your appreciation.
Retailers with teacher discounts
If you're a teacher, check out some of the ways retailers are showing their appreciation for you:
- Half Price Books: Get 10% off year round when you join the HPB Educators program.
- Office Depot: The Star Teacher program is a year-round way to save money. Office Depot is also advertising a Teacher Appreciation Week event.
- Staples: Through the Staples Teacher Rewards program, you can get discounts year-round.
- Talbots: This women's apparel retailer offers a teacher discount of 15%. Some exclusions apply.
- The Container Store: Get help with the challenges of staying organized at The Container Store. Apply for a discount so you can get the tools you need to keep paperwork and other supplies under control.
- The Limited: Present your ID and receive a 15% discount any day of the year.
Like this article? Get more Cincinnati education news by subscribing to email updates by clicking the “Subscribe” button above.