With gas, food and admission to Disneyland skyrocketing (think $100 for an adult ticket to the happiest place on earth) this might be the time to start thinking about free things to do in Los Angeles. And have we go one for you. This week TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX® (www.tclchinesetheatres.com), is hosting a fabulous pre-summer exhibit of Hollywood featuring millions of dollars worth of costumes and accessories from the most iconic films ever produced. The free admission is only for ticket holders or folks who purchase a tour of the theatre.
Movie buffs can get glimpses of Marilyn Monroe’s gold lame, pleated halter gown from “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” (1953),), Vivien Leigh’s green velvet drapery gown from “Gone With the Wind” (1939) and Judy Garland’s blue and white gingham pinafore and blouse from “The Wizard of Oz” (1939). You’ll also see exotic accessories and props from the “Ten Commandments” (1956) used by actor Charlton Heston in his role as “Moses.”
Also on display
- Vivien Leigh's drapery dress worn in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
- James Dean's jeans and workshirt from "Giant"
- Grace Kelly's beaded gown worn at the Chinese Theatre premier
- 10 Commandment tablets carried by Charlto Heston as Moses
- Rita Hayworth's black satin strapless dress worn in "Gilda"
- Judy Garland's pinafore and blouse from the "Wizard of Oz"
- And more can be seen t his week at the “Cinema Icons Collection” at the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood.