On Tuesday Taylor Swift hosted a haircut party backstage in London and captured all of the hair-fun on Instagram. But what simply started as a gathering of celebrity friends has now turned out to be quite possibly a new beauty trend in salons according to an email from George Gonzalez, celebrity hairstylist from Chicago.
In a short video with the caption “Haircut” and a snapshot of Taylor Swift's new celebrity hairstyle alongside music-pal Ellie Goulding under the heading, “London, I could never thank you enough. See you next time! PS: short hair, don't care (!!!),” the 24-year-old pop star quite possibly and unwittingly began a new beauty trend for hair salons worldwide.
This week in London, Taylor Swift’s haircut party has created quite the stir as celebrity friends such when Cara Delevingne and Ellie Goulding gathered backstage to watch as she cut her hair into a new shoulder-length bob. George the Salon, the go-to spot for celebrities in Chicago, has been busy receiving requests to mimic Swift’s soiree.
The new beauty trend, aptly labeled the “Swift effect”, is a great way to transition from long to short according to celebrity hairstylist and owner of the Chicago-based salon George Gonzalez.
Sometimes big changes are difficult for us and the support of your friends and family makes it easier to go through a drastic cut. Especially if you are nervous about a big length change, a haircut party is a great way to transition into your new style and have fun while doing it.
Gonzalez provided his tips for hosting a haircut party similar to Taylor Swift’s backstage bob bash.
- Give back: Connect your haircut party with a local charity and donate your hair.
- Location, location, and location: Create a night out at the salon or ask your stylist if they travel off site for special occasions.
- The more friends the better: Their support can be that extra push you need to go through with a big hair change.
- Snap it: Share photos of your favorite cuts for feedback and style suggestions as you gear up for the chop.
- Have fun with it: Bring some bubbly or wine to the salon for a new take on girl's night out.
Taylor Swift has joined the many celebrities in 2013 and 2014 that have cut their locks into either a bob or a pixie. However, Swift turned her transformation into a party, and with her megastar appeal and popularity, could turn a basic visit to the hair salon into a major new beauty trend.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com.