Brad Taylor pounded out an 803 series at AMF Bradenton Lanes, and that feat represents the top accomplishment in this weekend's Examiner.com report on high scores at bowling centers in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area.
Taylor's big series came on games of 247, 277 and 278 in the Wednesday Night Mixed League, where he now carries a 203 average.
It was the third career USBC-certified 800-plus series for Taylor, who carried a 212 average for the 2013-14 fall-winter season and 220 the previous season. His previous 800s were an 801 on July 25, 2005, and an 814 on Feb. 16, 2010, both at AMF Bradenton.
David Ekleberry earned 11-in-a-row recognition when he opened with a spare, then strung 11 consecutive strikes in the Friday Night Mixed League at Englewood Bowl. He opened his 663 series with a 147 game, then unleashed a 114-over-average 290 before finishing with a score of 226.
Bowling in the Wednesday Men's Trio League at Bowland Port Charlotte, Jonathan Myers rolled 10 strikes in a row en route to a 288 game. His four-game set was 961 on scores of 288, 247, 202 and 224, upping his average to 237.
Chris Toepfer blasted a 163-over-average 766 series on games of 244, 256 and 266 while competing in the Friday Night Special League at Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte.
In other notable scoring accomplishments reported from area bowling establishments:
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Ray Tippins 279, Mark Kronemberg 277, Richard Oliveira 268, Daniel Gassera 268, Johnny Kartheiser 268, Mike Janosik 266-917 (4 games) and 952 (4), Tom Janosik 265, James Creutz 729, Greg Lindsay 936 (4), Mel Rodriguez 916 (4), Darryl Chamberlin 904 (4), Paul Giles 904 (4), Jonathan Spooner 901 (4); Danielle Gassera 226.
- SARASOTA LANES: Ron Klazon 268, Mike Thompson 759, Richard McLaughlin Jr. 709 and 703; Wendy Perna 235-655.
- TREASURE LANES: Scott Long 265-711; Heatherly Faulkner 244, Jennifer Peacock 227-674.
- AMF BRADENTON LANES: Dylan Clark 272, Charles Fletecher 727.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Dave Brooks 277.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling columns -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]