A quick refresher for those who are about to shop till they drop...
Tax-free weekend is coming this weekend, August 8-10, and that means bargainistas will be out in full force!
Here are a few tips for owning your tax-free weekend:
1. Plan ahead. Visit each store’s website to check out their latest looks. I like to print out a list of the items I am planning on purchasing. That way, instead of saying, “I am looking for the shirt with stripes and it’s kind of loose,” I can be more specific and tell the salesperson, “I am looking for the Art Deco Sequined Embellished Tank.” This saves time!
2. The early bird gets the worm. Grab your sweats, coffee and try to get to your first store at least 30 minutes early. Sometimes storeowners will anticipate the rush and open their doors ahead of schedule.
3. If possible, visit the stores ahead of time. By trying on the outfits beforehand, you won’t have to battle the dressing room lines on tax-free weekend.
4. If you are looking for inspiration, be sure to pay close attention to the mannequins. They are dressed with pieces that the company thinks will be its top sellers. It’s like having your own personal stylist… for free!
5. Find your must-have items and buy them first! When Target introduced its own Missoni line, the mad rush wiped out their stock in minutes. Don’t let this happen to you. If there is one piece in your fall wardrobe that you are dying to have, get it first.