Granola bars are great to have on hand for snacking, packing in lunches or a quick pick me up when running errands. They are easy to make and can be customized to your tastes. Don't like fruit? Don't add it. How about nuts? Same thing, pick and choose what you like best. Here is an easy make it yourself blueberry granola bar.
Blueberry Granola Bars
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, oil and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, continue to boil for 2 minutes, without stirring.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats and blueberries.
- Stir in honey mixture until it is thoroughly blended.
- Spread into prepared pan, gently pressing mixture flat.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch bars.