Below you will find some tastings in the city until Thursday for this week. Stay warm and sip a little wine. Enjoy.
Monday, January 21st: Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day
- Honor Martin Luther King Jr with a mojito at Carnivale. All signature mojitos will be featured at $6 each.
- Honor Martin Luther King Jr with fried chicken and fries at El's Kitchen where all you can eat fried chicken and fries will be $10 all day.
- Honor Martin Luther King Jr with your kids where they eat free at Koi Restaurant in Evanston featuring authentic Chinese cuisine and fresh sushi. Children must choose from the kid’s menu and the offer is only valid with purchase of an adult entree. The restaurant will be open regular hours from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. serving the dinner menu.
Tuesday, January 22nd:
- Wine and chocolate seminar in Arlington Heights at Vintages Fine Wine. Tickets are $30 per person and seminar starts at 7pm.
- Buffalo wings and beer at Standard Market in Westmont, IL. Tickets are $6 a beer and event starts at 4pm.
- Try RA Sushi's new winter menu priced at $18 featuring Hitokuchi Sashimi and Shrimp Plate and a choice of one skinny cocktail
Wednesday, January 23rd:
- Paint your Van Gogh with a glass of wine in hand at Acquaviva Winery. They will supply all the art supplies for you, so do not have to bring anything but yourself. Event takes place in Maple Park starting at 7pm and tickets cost $33 plus food and drink cost. You can save $5 when you register by providing the code 'Acqua'.
- Starting tonight, dining series at Henri will start at 6pm. Various mixology groups will take part in each dining serie. Tonight will be the first one, featuring cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres. Each guest creates their own signature drink which are paired with an inventive five course meal. Tonight, Gin's mixology team from Scofflaw will create classic cocktails. Tickets are $100 a person excluding tax and gratuity. If you would like to attend, seats are limited. Reservations are required by calling 312-578-0763.
- National soup month is January and weekly soups feature a different ethnicity and culture. You will be able to try Vietnamese Pho soup until the 27th at 2 Sparrows. Each soup is priced at $8.
Thursday, January 24th:
- Elegant four course dinner paired with five wines from Nickel and Nickel Winery of Napa Valley will be taking place at Eddie Merlot's Restaurant for $125 per person all inclusive in Burr Ridge, IL. If you are interested, call the restaurant at 708-354-0355.
- Watch the 6th Annual Chicago Frost event at Ten Bowling Lounge from 6pm to 9pm. Tickets are $20 a person. There will be winter classic cocktails, wine tastings, and lots of food.
- Preview some of the Chicago Restaurant Week tastes from 6pm to 9pm at the Great Hall in Chicago's Union Station. Tickets are $95 a person. Those 21 and over are eligible to enter in a business or cocktail party attire. Portion of the proceeds will be donated to Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Over 50 participating restaurants will take place such as Carnivale (Ceviche Shooters), EPIC (crab and cucumber cups), LM Bistro (whole wheat crepes), Magnolia Bakery (coconut macaroons), Untitled (grit cakes), and more. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://firstbitesbash2013.eventbrite.com/#
- First Annual Poutine Fest will take place at Haymarket Pub and Brewery. Ticket pricing and hours is to be announced. The festival will have 11 participating restaurants like Leopold, The Gage, Publican, and more. Poutine is Canada's popular late-night fast food favorite of crispy french fries and cheese curds covered in rich gravy. The participating restaurants will compete against each other for the best poutine. Taste and vote for the best chef, and sip on beer meanwhile raising money for a great cause.